RC51 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running Shinko rubber on their RC... I currently have Michelin's on my bike and it's definitely time for new rubber...I've read alot of mixed reviews on them and not sure..I ride more in the country than city if that helps....thanks

·
Registered
863 Posts
I have one on the front of mine but I dont run them on the back. Their just not good enough for the kind of riding I do. If you do any sort of agressive turning then I dont suggest them on the rear anyways.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Try and find a sale on the Pirelli Diablos, the single compound ones.
You may be able to find a really good deal on a complete set.
Cycle Gear had one last year and I bought a complete set for $190, which are now on my 'Busa.
Just because they aren't fancy multi-compound tires doesn't mean they're junk.
I ran them for years with no complaints at all.
They're what sold me on Pirelli in the first place until they cranked their prices up this year.
I love Pirelli, I just can't afford them on a routine basis anymore.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
preciate the feedback......the reason i asked is because in the "October 2009 issue of Super Streetbike", there's an ad ( for shinko tires) and an article on going over your new ( used ) bike that might save your life........anyway they by a used bike for a good price and upon true inspection they notice that the tires on the honda f4 purchased are dry rot.....they support shinko tires and the tread on the sport touring tires looked good in my opinion........main idea is that im lookng for a performance and long life tire....... i love the curves but love to ride as well....(SUB...) pirelli's are my choice.... they are a bit high at this time for me.......i dont want to be parked for a while

·
Registered
168 Posts
I knew they are for drag but my old tires were showing cord and all I had was about 220 bucks for tires. Riding time is gettin close to the end so cheap tires will work till I can save up to get my Mich again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts