RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Not sure who you used, but when i had mine shipped it came with 5k insurance, and for an extra 50 bucks they upped it to 15k...did you have similar?

·
Registered
184 Posts
That stinks-the worst part will be the hassle of dealing with the people on the phone that belong at the help desk of Fisher Price answering calls for kids 8 and under!! In their language. But hey its just parts itll get fixed-straighten her up get the throttle functioning safely and go for a ride! We have snow on the ground, youre in Hawaii!! I think I see a place for a small HRC sticker on the tailsection.

·
Registered
606 Posts
That sucks big time! Hope the shipping company gets you taken care of man.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
I cannot imagine, in this day and age of online capabilities, that they would not make it right. Or as Roger on family-guy famously said "you are going to have what I refer to as a "Yelp disaster" :D

·
Registered
510 Posts
OH.....MY......GOODNESS!

Dude that sucks. Some of those pictures remind me of the abused animal commercials with Sarah McLachlan playing in the background. The RC looks so helpless tipped over.

Keep us posted on what happens. The shipper better make that right.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Unfortunately, if this is a military move and you didn't buy supplemental insurance, you may not be very happy. They broke my couch one move. I mean how do you break the back OFF of a couch.

The paid no damages. The idiots came out and said I should have bought more insurance. They said they use the lowest bidder and they can't afford to pay claims when the movers break shit.

I never did another contract move. That was actually my first military move. I did them all myself afterwards. And don't recall breaking anything.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Unfortunately, if this is a military move and you didn't buy supplemental insurance, you may not be very happy. They broke my couch one move. I mean how do you break the back OFF of a couch.

The paid no damages. The idiots came out and said I should have bought more insurance. They said they use the lowest bidder and they can't afford to pay claims when the movers break shit.

I never did another contract move. That was actually my first military move. I did them all myself afterwards. And don't recall breaking anything.
No way man. You got had. The military will cover everything, all they do is charge the mover. Its in the contract, if the mover breaks it, they pay it. I had a broken tv stand, gouged table, water warped bookshelves and they paid all of it.

The mover actually lost their military contract after my move and had to pay for all damages.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine was long ago. 1992. I lost. Tried to fight them, complained, brought in the commander. The answer was always the same. So I never did another move. No doubt different now. I retired 2 years ago.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
My military moves were always done by me, heard too many horror stories like Dan's. Besides, I always came out a few hundred ahead doing it myself ;)

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Not to be (??????) Those straps are way to low .. If an opinion may be give , Need to have used a (Canyon Dancer)Bar Harness -So has to have some leverage on the bike, from moving..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Actually I lied. There is an update. So I was on base registering for TA so I can go to school on shore duty. I come out to see a Subaru on top of my RC51.

Lady backed right up and onto it. Her insurance is paying for the damages, but damn. Right side taken out by shipping company. Left side taken out by woman driver. Bent the clip on, numerous cosmetic damages and had to be towed home due to the bent clip on and the clutch reservoir hitting the fairing stay. :mad:

I seem to get all the good luck.

Hey Lucky, just be glad you weren't on it when that woman hit it.:eek:

Honda East Toledo is pretty fair on their prices when it comes time to order parts.

Hope you get her back together soon.:cool:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Ouch, knocked over a 2nd time - that sucks !

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
A female friend with a VFR800 got knocked over by a car in Tokyo yesterday when she was waiting at a traffic light. Bike fell over, but she was OK. Then if that wasn't enough already the lady driver accelerated and bashed the bike again, breaking the oil pan and doing more damage. I don't know yet for sure, but sounds like the bike is totalled.

Ah well, she'll get a nice payout for all she will be able to claim and maybe get a better bike I hope....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts