RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there

Remembering a topic about pistols a while back, and thought you might be able to help with a question.

Looking for some upgrades for my .22 1911 - and the best option seems to be cwaccessories.com - but they dont ship overseas.

Anyone know what it takes to get a spring, guide rod and barrel bushing shipped from the USA to Europe?

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
I'll ask my dad, he's a class II manufacturer. he's sold a couple of things overseas, I'll see what the restrictions are.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
OP - Have you considered using a vendor that also operates over on your side of the pond?

For example, Brownells has European versions of their websites as well ( http://www.brownells.com/aspx/general/International_Sales.aspx ).

Reference:
Part 2: Brownells European websites

We’ve designed websites in several European markets to make doing business with us internationally a much easier process. Not only is there a Brownells website dedicated to these countries, with the local language and currency, but there is also a Brownells representative locally that help you with any need.

Customers in these countries should direct all orders through the local website or representative.

www.brownells.no (Norway)
www.brownells.es (Spain)
www.brownells.it (Italy)
www.brownells.co.uk (UK)
www.brownells.fr (France)
www.brownells.ch (Swiss)
www.brownells.fi (Finland)
www.brownells-sverige.se (Sweden)
www.brownells-deutschland.de (Germany)

Availability:
Please note that some items on our website and catalog may not be available to be purchased or shipped outside of the United States
G'luck!

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Worst case, what if one of us yahoos does the purchase and mails it to ya...

...or does that cross all sorts of illegal boundries :confused:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
^ That's a really bad idea. Noble, but not worth it. Violating ITAR can result in hefty fines and/or federal prison time.

OP - That's unfortunate if you really want those parts. Have you contacted the cwa vendor directly (e-mail/phone) and asked them about any other options?

Without a vendor in your neck of the woods you might be SOL. You could explore the idea of completing import/export paperwork and play the waiting game, unless I missed something in the fine print...

·
Premium Member
735 Posts

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Ive found out, getting them into Denmark shouldnt be a problem, as long as it isnt vital parts - frame, barrel or slide.

Ive writting to CWA, but havent gotten a reply yet.
oh nice, then all you need is a dealer with an export license, like these guys...

Borderview International
1718 NW 56th Street
Suite 304
Seattle, WA
USA 98107 phone: (877) 947-4867
fax: (877) 947-4867
web: http://www.borderview.com
email: [email protected] Borderview International offers firearm import and export services at the best value. Our proximity to the Canadian border can save you hundreds of dollars on freight forwarding and customs brokerage fees. We also offer a Border Delivery Service for B.C. residents. We also specialize in exports to Ausralia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and worldwide! For countries other than Canada, we also offer a great value and service. Visit our website for more information, and a quote: http://www.borderview.com. We look forward to serving you!

Call or email for a quote, or check out the Import/Export section on our website, at http://www.borderview.com. We look forward to serving you!

http://www.gunbroker.com/FFL/DealerInternational.aspx

:cool:

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Those poor cops in France sure could have used a gun when they were killed by those terrorist. :mad:

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Dunno, it says UK and worldwide...

We also specialize in exports to Ausralia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and worldwide!

...or did ya call em already?

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Updated, got the parts from ZRTS - but Im no where happy, so they will be going back. There goes 40US tax down the drain...
Uhoh...do tell, who they are and what went wrong?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks like more than 40US down the drain...
Got the parts from ZR Tactical Solutions.
Magfollowers, followers for magazine, barrel bushing, slide alignmentcone with thread, barrel bushing wrench and a full length guide rod with spring.

I mistakenly ordered the barrel bushing in stainless, but specified the rest as black. Got all the parts in stainless (which dont match my 1911), the thread protector was a POS that should never have been shipped, and the wrench was apparently plastic, and snapped is two the first time I used it.

Wrote an email to them, quick answer, they would refund the thread protector, so now the threads arent protected. Didnt seem to care the sent them in the wrong finish. Mentioned the tool again, and they then refunded my for the thread protector and tool, and havent heard from them since.

So the parts will be going up for sale, and Ill move on. The barrel bushing and slide alignment cone are actually pretty nice and there is no play in the barrel with the installed. But it will annoy me every time I take the gun out that they dont match...

So my love has gone back to my M1 Garand which Ill be looking for parts for instead :)

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
So my love has gone back to my M1 Garand which Ill be looking for parts for instead :)
Oh nice...im about to jump on a new M1A since they now come with their own version of adjustable stock.

Wanted a JAE stock, but they are more than the dam gun :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts