RC51 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok yall, don't beat me up to bad with this. I have Scorpion slip on's on my 03 RC. It sounds good but its not as aggressive sounding as I would like it to be. I love LOUD >:) The louder the better for me plus people around here drive like morons! With that being said I was thinking about having a custom shorty exhaust installed by the best custom motorcycle shop in the county. While having the exhaust done I was also having it re-mapped, re-tuned and dynode. It does have the PCIII and the speedo healer. I'm not sure if that would be a big mistake or it could work if done properly and correctly. Any info on this would be cool. Thanx!

·
Registered
650 Posts
just run n open header if you want loud...have you fired the bike up to hear what it sounds like w/o any mufflers? DEFINITELY LOOOUUDDD!!!! Keep an eye out for the po po.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I could run the bike with open headers without having major HP loss and possible damage to the bike I would......BELIEVE ME! I was thinking about going with the Voodoo exhaust tips, at least they have a little baffling to em'.
I think I'll be good dealing with the Po-Po reason being......I am the Po-Po lolololol.

·
Registered
158 Posts
on the note of voodoo tips: just say no. even with their "baffle" they just sound... bad. I have one on my RR and it is miserably loud to ride without earplugs. if you wanna try it, grab 2 $7 exhaust tips from your local parts store and rip around for a bit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm trying to do as much research as i can on the whole shorty exhaust thing for the RC. I found a few other exhausts that would possibly work but I haven't made a decision on anything yet. Has anyone heard of Coffman's? They make what seems to be a well put together and thought out design for their shorty's but a little expensive. The design is very eye catching too.

·
Registered
650 Posts
ladybirds aren't loud enough for ya? Look great too....ever thought about a megaphone type tip to amplify the sound?

MUST BE NICE BEING the PO PO....gotta get me one of them thar badges...yuk yuk yulk...

·
Registered
253 Posts
I follow a guy on IG that did shorty yoshimura's on his RC, came out pretty badass. I'll see if I can figure out how to post a pic

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had a neighbour who loved to open the back of his stupid van, with many many large woofers and crank the music to shoot hoops with is bro's.

,I got so fed up, one night, after just such an evening. Around 10:00pm, I took the slip-on's off of my TL1000S. Starated her up and shot her up to red line many times, and held it around 5,000 and 6,000 rpm for a few minutes and shut her down.

He never ever played his music in his driveway again.

I was worried that I would damage my engine. But I didn't care.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
I had a neighbour who loved to open the back of his stupid van, with many many large woofers and crank the music to shoot hoops with is bro's.

,I got so fed up, one night, after just such an evening. Around 10:00pm, I took the slip-on's off of my TL1000S. Starated her up and shot her up to red line many times, and held it around 5,000 and 6,000 rpm for a few minutes and shut her down.

He never ever played his music in his driveway again.

I was worried that I would damage my engine. But I didn't care.
It the principle of the matter sometimes, I understand.:wink2:

·
Registered
253 Posts

Sorry it took me so long. Someone just hit him and totalled the RC. Check out his IG to see more of it. Super clean RC

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's a damn shame! That's a super clean RC......or was. I hope he's ok. Thanx for the pic. I have er' in the shop as we speak, I'm hoping it turns out better then what I anticipate. I'll keep yall in the loop and post pics when she's done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts