RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm bored and waiting on parts, steering head bearings as my buddy screwed up and ordered for SP1 and sprockets 15/41 520 conversion as I already had the chain.

So show me your go to gear, I'll start and post my helmet...can't and won't wear anything else. They always fit just right, I can wear it all day and I can order online without having to try it on as they ALWAYS fit to exact size.

My Arai Corsair V...I've been wearing them (Arai's) for 20 years and I love them.

Feel free to post up pics of the gear you love the most...new or old.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
I would post up, but it is all hamburger now, except for my lid..... which is a carbon fiber one..... not really worth showing off.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would post up, but it is all hamburger now, except for my lid..... which is a carbon fiber one..... not really worth showing off.
Then buy new gear and post pics as I'm bored and grocery shopping sucks...show us the hamburger gear. Lol

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
My new street gear this winter (no full suit or pants) at retail prices is more than many here have spent to buy their RC51's. :eek:

Everything in Canada is more expensive.

Arai RX-Q helmet - $830
Dainese Rebel Pelle Jacket - $850
Dainese Full metal pro gloves - $380
Sidi ST boots - $475

Total retail price is $2535 + tax. Thankfully I never paid MSRP!

I also picked up the dainese back protector, the dainese belt attachment for the jacket, and another Teknic violator jacket.

Here is the helmet. I wanted a nice design with (red) RC51 colours. No designs in the Corsair V interested me. Plus having owned multiple Arai styles before, the RX-Q is noticeably quieter.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My new street gear this winter (no full suit or pants) at retail prices is more than many here have spent to buy their RC51's. :eek:

Arai RX-Q helmet - $830
Sidi ST boots - $475

I also picked up the dainese back protector, the dainese belt attachment for the jacket, and another Teknic violator jacket.

Here is the helmet. I wanted a nice design with (red) RC51 colours. No designs in the Corsair V interested me. Plus having owned multiple Arai styles before, the RX-Q is noticeably quieter.
Nice I like the RX-Q sweet lid, I'm not big on graphics for myself I like a solid colour. Show us the Dainese gloves.

·
Registered
447 Posts
This is the old and the new. I honestly expected more from the Corsair but I had a pretty good reference point.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is a new suit only had one opportunity to wear it last season...may be my new go to suit. The large perforations work too well as it was little chilly all day.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Nice I like the RX-Q sweet lid, I'm not big on graphics for myself I like a solid colour. Show us the Dainese gloves.
Personal preference is all. I have an old GF who rode and got her into Arai helmets. She preferred the solid colours too. She had that silver as well as a gunmetal grey. The gunmetal grey was a stand out...

Here are the Dainese gloves.

Also a pic of the other 3 pairs of gloves I forgot I had before I bought the new ones. :rolleyes: The AGV and Alpinestars have track crash damage on them, but are still very usable. Great for the track were you don't need shiny new. I'd consider selling them to someone who would use them more than I will. I really like the old teknics in the pic. Kangaroo hide. But the new Dainese gloves are awesome, the leather feels so soft compared to all the others.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
My two lids, shopping for another..... I am still undecided on what I want. Most likely spring for an ARAI when I see one I like. I had one for my first helmet but it got thrashed in my first crash ever.

Green one is the KBC vr1 euro design.....

I have a tinted visor for both but prefer the clear.

Other one is a HAWK 927 in carbon fiber.....

I am not showing off the gear that is now hamburger as I am too lazy to dig it out..... lol.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ooo those gloves are nice...not cheap but very tasty. I had the gun metal colour last helmet. Yes a wicked colour.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts

Arai RX-Q helmet - $830
Sidi ST boots - $475

Well then....come on down to the Indy MotoGP and party with a few thousand of my best friends....buy your gear while you are here and save a bunch of looneys and twoneys. :D

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The nice thing about living close to a border is I can purchase online and just cross over to pick up my stuff.

My Arai Corsair V was only $399 + free shipping, they want $900 for the same helmet here...the only thing is silver was the only colour choice but I'm not particular about colour, none of my gear matches anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Heres my Gear , I do have a full A* suit as well but I hardly wear it . I really want to get the new GP Tech Air since I usually wear my JR perf. Textile or do the squid thing in a T shirt if its too hot and I plan on behaving .

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Last season I tried these;

Still on the fence about them, I'm thinking I may pick up some Held's or those Dainese...

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Heres my Gear , I do have a full A* suit as well but I hardly wear it . I really want to get the new GP Tech Air since I usually wear my JR perf. Textile or do the squid thing in a T shirt if its too hot and I plan on behaving .

Oh I like those Supertechs, such a nice boot. I've been wearing Sidi's for awhile but I'm thinking of jumping ship.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
No I'm back smartie...I don't know maybe a little too gimmicky? I think the one down Biomech would have been a better choice.
Just checking...;)

I was going to try a pair of the Knox gloves next.

My Held gloves are some of the very best I have ever used. I would like a bit more protection though.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts