RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought this bike with some serious hackjob crap done to the wiring in order to put on some ebay signals and this ugly undertail.

the signals do not work.
i checked the front and rear signals idividually to see if the bulbs will light, and they do. i bought new front signals and traced the wiring with a schematic. after i re-wired everything the signals still will not flash. i checked the relay and the fuses and they are good.

so i pulled the signal switch off the bike and it was coated inside with filthy heavy grease. i took some electrical connector cleaner and lubricant that i got from radio shack and sprayed the inside thoroughly and moved the switch around to get the cleaner in. still no dice. well i had to go to an appointment so i rode the bike. well out of habit after about a mile i hit the switch and the signals came on. so i used them for a bit and they stock working again. very intermitten. when i got home i pulled it all apart again and cant figure it out.

anyone have a suggestion.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Does the turn signal lamp come on on the instrument cluster? Definitely sounds like a wiring issue for sure. Probably loosing your ground

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
But when they are not does the lamp come on and stay solid? If not you have a ground issue. You need a tester to see what is going on but my guess is you need to clean up the ground

1 - 5 of 5 Posts