RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Rc was given to me by my brother when he decided to stop riding, and that was at about 44k miles, with not so good but not terrible maintenance either unfortunately. Well the top or bottom of the motor is blown and I'm not an expert enough to rebuild the entire motor, maybe one day I'll rebuild it (20years).

So after finding out about my motor being blown, I purchased an 03 motor through eBay with supposedly 10k miles. No way I will know if it's true, but when I looked at if, it looked good. I've only put less than 2k miles on it and have had no issues on it. It rides good.

Long story short, sorry, can I change the mileage on the display manually so I. Can keep track of miles that's on the 03 motor that is installed. Makes it easier to keep track of oil changes and what not.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
No way to change odo mileage from what I know. You can buy a used speedo with whatever mileage it has, or buy new with 0.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
You will have to track your maintenance the old fashion way, just write it down or use an excel spread sheet as a conversion chart of sorts.

(Mileage on Odo) - (estimated on engine) = baseline difference.

Use excel to constantly track and automatically subtract the (baseline difference)...and you'll be able to easily track "actual" mileage.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
I have a clock with around 15,000 miles which we bought but didn't use for Carlos' build (As his bike needed to run in km/h and we found another). I'd have to check the actual mileage on it sometime... PM me if interested

1 - 7 of 7 Posts