RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Really sad to learn this today.

He’d chosen the extra hard rear tyre which slipped & caused him to slide into the path of Colin Edwards & Valentino Rossi…
Edward’s wheel hit him squarely in the back and he suffered severe neck & head injuries, which resulted in his helmet coming off.
He was dead within minutes.

We watched him 4 weeks ago go from a ride-through penalty in Motegi to collect 4th place - an amazing achievement.
This was to have been only his 2nd full year in Moto GP.

Seemed such a charismatic guy, who evidently loved racing bikes and had so much passion to give to the sport. Been praying for his family and friends. Marco’s by God’s side now.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Couldn't believe it when i watched the race on my DVR......................he had gained so much ground on becoming a mature rider..........going to be missed for sure.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
My favorite rider.....rest in peace, you were one of the best. May your spirit be at rest with Daijiro Kato. You'll not be forgoten.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
What a fitting tribute... Tears ran down my face as I read the last paragraph and got confirmation Sic was exactly the sort of guy I'd always thought he was.

I'll bet a lot of people in Moto GP & his family are really hurting right now. My prayers are with them.

·
Registered
161 Posts
His helmet rolling along the track was super spooky. Hate to see anyone go this way.
Trying to save the slide and and only having the front tire "catch" put him in harms way unknowingly. Big dude like Spies and could still compete. Enjoyed his contribution to the show.
So Long Marco!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts