RC51 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marco pips Stoner on the closing laps of qualifying.
Edwards has shoulder surgery in Spain.
Ducati has a third row start again.
This could be the best race yet if Marco can go the distance with Casey and Jorge.
Spies need good race to get his rhythm back.
:D

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Marco has proved he can keep up and even put distance between himself and casey/Jorge....the question is can he stay on the bike and avoid penalties. it has potential, and i hope he is at the top of the podium. hes been close before, just needs to keep it together. interested to see if there has been any further development on the Ducati. Valentino did pretty well last race and has seemed a bit more confident with the bike.
Spies has potential but has to get his head in the game, he has not been a serious threat like he should be this far in the season. there is still time though.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Looking forward to watching this race! Could be the first time Simocelli is on the podium for moto GP. He's going to be on fire!

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
yeah, Marco has so much potential. he is FAST. First year in motogp on a non factory bike and look at how much of a threat he poses. has been qulifying top 3 almost every race, and has been in the top 3 throughout every race until he either crashes out or recieves a penalty. if he would just learn when to dial it back a bit, he'd be sweeping the circuit right now....thats my opinion anyway.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Maybe Sic can replace Hayden next year at Ducati. He definitely has the talent to do so. Riding with Rossi would only make him better...

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Just got back from watching this at a friend's place. Simocelli was boxed in right from the beginning despite being on pole, so dropped back to 7th... He finished 6th behind Rossi.
Pretty disappointed for Simocelli.

Stoner rode especially well and had a deserved result.
Looking forward to the Silverstone race!

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Looks like they neutered Marco. I'm sure Honda had words with him about the incident, it sure cost HRC some points and eliminated another candidate for the championship....hence his apology.
It's too bad, hopefully this doesn't become a trend because this race was pretty dull....started getting pretty hard to watch after awhile. Everyone wanted a "clean" race....well there you are.They keep that up and they are going to lose a lot of fans. I like having that wild card in there.....like the old days with Schwantz, you need guys in there that will take risks and put it on the line. The most interesting part was Capirossi, Barbera, Abraham, and Bautista going back and forth.

i'm sure many will disagree, just my opinion.

Definitely good to see Ben getting it together and congrats to Cal. Definitely another confidnce boost for Silverstone. He'll be the one to watch.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Yeah, it was an uneventful race. All the while we were hoping it would rain, or Rossi would find the opportunity to improve his position, but it was clear Spies' Yamaha had more acceleration than the Ducati.

What happened to Ducati's power from last year? Have all the other bikes performance improved so much it's overshadowed Ducati's?

Was a boring race to watch. I hope Simocelli will bounce back.
My guess is it'll be Stoner who wins the championship this year. He's really on form & was riding beautifully yesterday. Of course so much can change, it's difficult to tell what the outcome will be.
Would be nice to see Rossi do better.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
The Ducati has been dialed down a bit (at least in Rossi's case) having to do with handling and Rossi's style. He's the first to actually use the engine and power settings to help stabilize the bike and it has seemed to work well in the aspect....but its no longer pulling as hard.
Another reason is cause Rossi fell off the bike during FP3 and i think they had to use a new engine, which was probably not tuned the same.
i think Lorenzo will take the championship by points, casey will have more wins though.
i really wish Rossi was able to win as well and if not him, then Simoncelli or Hayden. i'd like to see Colin up there too and capirossi too. miss those guys being on podium. looks like the turn of a new era.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Stoner and appeared to be working very hardest in order to keep a clear lead - which is his style when he gets out front.

Lorenzo did well to get 2nd in front of his home crowd. I think he won last year's championship by default though so I'm not so sure he'll win, at least I hope not.

Would prefer to see Stoner win this year. He's fast too. Looking forward to seeing how he does on Phillip Island and watching if he can win it for Honda. And let's see Simocelli do better. He's capable as is Ben Spies.

I'd love to see Hayden do better... but it looks like he, Edwards and Capirossi as well as Elias have passed their prime.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Rossi definitely needs to do better for Ducati.. Don't know why they can't have more power if they're using traction control, but we're only speculating - we've little to no idea what the real reasons are really.
Rossi & Simocelli would be a dream team next year I think if Ducati could bring it together to make their bikes work better. Hope the next race is more exciting.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
good to know, the ducati's did seem very stable this race.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ducati has the new 1000cc (gp12) carbon-fiber frame for next year ready for use at Assen with a new gearbox like honda's. Only Rossi will get one. Hayden will wait until Laguna to get the same upgrade.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
should be interesting.....after silverstone Rossi needs a boost. hopefully this does it. Wish Nicky was getting his too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts