RC51 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and couldnt find anything. Its my understanding sp1 exhausts are different than sp2 and this has to do with the swingarm? Im looking to get a pair of slip ons.......well if they are slipons then they should fit 00-06 since its after the swingarm right? Mines an 01 and all I see cheap are SP2 slip ons for sale but some of the descriptions say (will fit 00-06) some quick help/assistance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have the same question.. Mine is a little more detailed. I have an SP1 with an SP2 swingarm. A guy near me is sellins Sato slipons for an SP2 pretty cheap. Will they fit my SP1?? Help!!

·
Registered
863 Posts
I searched and couldnt find anything. Its my understanding sp1 exhausts are different than sp2 and this has to do with the swingarm? Im looking to get a pair of slip ons.......well if they are slipons then they should fit 00-06 since its after the swingarm right? Mines an 01 and all I see cheap are SP2 slip ons for sale but some of the descriptions say (will fit 00-06) some quick help/assistance would be appreciated.
You need SP1 slipons

I have the same question.. Mine is a little more detailed. I have an SP1 with an SP2 swingarm. A guy near me is sellins Sato slipons for an SP2 pretty cheap. Will they fit my SP1?? Help!!
And you need sp1 slipons

·
Banned
427 Posts
thr size and shape of the swingarms

FWIW i had a yosh full on my 01 swingarm and 02 swingarm

i wonder if you had a 2002 OEM header you could keep the 01 swinarm

i can get you slips and fulls too

·
Registered
232 Posts
im confused now.. if the only difference between the SP1 ad SP2 systems are to clear the P1 swing arm and I have an SP2 swingarm on my SP1 then I should be able to use either on my bike correct? I like the Sato banzai super high mounts but also need the extenders to keep my rear pegs..

·
Registered
232 Posts
do you mean an sp2 header on an sp1? well i guess if they are interchamgeable Im still ok with either type of system. I went to blackdragonexhaust from your sig..pretty cool stuff

·
Registered
232 Posts
lose a little weight pick up a couple of ponies.. I would like to have a high mount system with the header/midpipe powdercoated black.. I just need to be sure it will be compatble with the extenders needed to retain my rear pegs..

·
Registered
863 Posts
The header is different like MRGRN said. Where you connect the midpipes at is angled different. If you were to put sp2 slipons on a sp1 header the left mid sticks out really far.

Again this is why I said you need SP1 slipons even though you have a sp2 swinger.

Sato's for a SP1 are hard to find and if you do find some they're just your standard mount. If your planning on spending that kinda cash I would go with a black dragon setup. MRGRN's exhaust are very well made and he offers alot of different options with them. The prices are right to.

·
Banned
427 Posts
if you had a sp2 header i can sell you sp2 slip-ons but low mount

i do have possibly a 2-2 high mount full exhaust coming and i have a 2-1 full now as well as high mount sp2 slips

·
Registered
232 Posts
will an sp2 header bolt on to an sp1 head? Like I said before Ive got an SP2 swing arm but I dont know about the header..Ill ask the guy I bought it from if that was switched too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts