RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, just bought an RC51 couple weeks ago and was riding it to my storage unit to park it for the winter. It was about 55°F and was trying to give it some hard throttle. However it just wouldn't get up and go. And was acting like it was going to stall. Decided to take it out again today to see if the problem was still there having the same issues except this timethere was moments of giving it acceleration and it not going and then all the sudden all the power would come back and it would get up and go again damn near throwing me off the back. Don't have a clue what this would be any ideas I'm at a loss.

·
Registered
34 Posts
More than likely it’s the fuel pressure regulator which is prone to go on these and when it does it has those very symptoms.
There is a YouTube video of someone diagnosing this problem

·
Registered
03' RC51 SP-2
250 Posts
there are also 2 ground blocks in the wire harness that for me became unsnapped so i was losing ground randomly. i ended up dropping a coil every once in a while. i went through everything before i figured it out and so after untaping the harness and fixing it i ziptied the halfs of the ground blocks together. never had a problem again. n11 most likely is onto it but i was giving my 2 cents on my experience because i was having the same issue but it was intermittent. i was even getting bucking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there are also 2 ground blocks in the wire harness that for me became unsnapped so i was losing ground randomly. i ended up dropping a coil every once in a while. i went through everything before i figured it out and so after untaping the harness and fixing it i ziptied the halfs of the ground blocks together. never had a problem again. n11 most likely is onto it but i was giving my 2 cents on my experience because i was having the same issue but it was intermittent. i was even getting bucking.
Sounds good ordered a new FPR today and going to start there, bike has 47k miles on it. Gonna go through the whole thing during winter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts