Anybody seen one of these before?
I picked it up at the flea market today for $2. I know, why? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Gauge Gaffe.

Anybody seen one of these before?
I picked it up at the flea market today for $2. I know, why? :rolleyes:

It looks like one of those gauges an old timer Master Mechanic would use, working on CARS, before the advent of fuel injection & ECUs, etc., etc.

Sorry, John. From where I am, it doesn't look like you'd be able to work on the RC with that contraption.

Of, course, I could be wrong. "For God's sake, Jim. I'm just ... . . ... a doctor !!

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts
looks like a vacuum guage, you should be able to use it on the RC, i would expect it to be somewhere in the 10-15 range with the cams the RC comes with, but i've never checked. This is a very useful tool diagnosing anything that could result in a intake airflow problem, ie gaskets, valves, exhaust

·
Registered
527 Posts
Engine Enigma.

looks like a vacuum guage, you should be able to use it on the RC, i would expect it to be somewhere in the 10-15 range with the cams the RC comes with, but i've never checked. This is a very useful tool diagnosing anything that could result in a intake airflow problem, ie gaskets, valves, exhaust

And I shoulda kept my big trap shut.

Thanks for making me a little smarter than I was, Ricky B.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You must have looked at Rossco's long-legged pink clad rider in FL picture too long. :D

I don't think you could do much compression testing with the one I have pictured. I'm with RB - a vacuum gauge from waaaaay back. I'd like to find out how old it is.

I never expected to be able to use it, but then again, it is a Snap On.
I just thought is was a cool bit of nostalgia to have.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Just showed the pic to my snap-on guy and his best guess is early 60's, cool find man!
This is the closest thing to it he had on the truck, looks like the only thing you're missing is a rubber hose with a removable nipple, or just hang it on the wall either way, old Snap-On stuff is always worth having

1 - 7 of 7 Posts