RC51 Forums banner

101 - 120 of 127 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
yep, mine is a silver 03 R with full akrapovic system, evo airboc/chip, 54mm TBs etc.

There is a guy on AF1 with a Nera RSV with Ladybirds.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
My first bike at 14 years old was a Yamaha DT175 that had been ported & tuned. My dad gave it to me to use on a beach & dirt tracks up on the cliffs and I remember saying, "Dad, aren't bikes dangerous?" and he said, "Just ride it and see how you like it". I was hooked. Rode it with my cousin, learnt to jump, slide around, etc. Blew the engine up a couple of times but really enjoyed it. Next at 17, still without a licence I bought a Honda XL250S which I had for 3 years or so. Restored it, changed to a 12V system and sold it to make way for a Honda NX650 which I used to tour from UK to Greece & back on a summer holiday. Awesome bike that... gave me a taste for dual purpose bikes.
On our way back from Greece I was haunted by the sound of two VFR750's seen through our trip. One that came past us as we were stopped in a mountain area in Italy and another we were sat behind of in a long tunnel through the alps. Devil exhausts were the rage back then...

I told my friend that day I'd sell the Dominator and get a VFR. He said I wouldn't as I had too many good memories on the NX650 (Best holiday of my life - even today).

Here's the VFR750 I've owned since 1993 on which I've done about 65,000 miles. Imported from UK to Japan after nearly 15 years in storage and brought it back to life (Fuel system was seriously buggered from being stopped so long!). It's now registered here and running well. Fitted some used exhaust headers recently, plus some used discs.
Once my SP2 gets it's ohlins forks, I'll be transferring the entire front end onto this bike, courtesy of Duckhunter's & nobody's help with a few bits to make the marriage work. :D

I still had a hankering for a good 2-stroke, so I bought a project last year.

The TDR250 was the first production motard bike ever made. It was ahead of it's time and got many rave reviews when it was a current bike. I almost bought one some 20 years ago, but thought it more sensible to ride a 650 single dual purpose bike from UK to Greece & back, so I never did get one back then (I have photos of that and other bikes, but I'll need to scan them). :eek:

The TDR has a TZR250 twin, 2 stroke engine.
Have been collecting parts slowly, ready to transform it. Will be taken down to a frame which is to be powder coated dark Silver. A spare engine's barrels will go to Stan Stephens in the UK for a stage 3 tune which is said to take it to around 70 bhp.
Will then begin fitting the bits I have in store:

Jim Lomas stainless expansion chambers with carbon exhausts & carbon exhaust shields, re-modeled top cowl with crystal lenz & epiloid lenz conversion, renthal bars, rizoma grips & mirrors, CRF250 front end with Aluminium 7075 custom stem by ti64, Braketech 320mm iron rotor, Discacciati 4 piston front caliper, Acossato radial m/c, 4.25" & 3.5" Tasago motard 17" rims on custom Talon hubs, with stainless spokes and brass nipples - built by Talon UK, Motard front guard (I forget the brand now). 3LN TZR250 swing arm, custom built rear shock (Still not decided between Nitron track shock, or Maxton GP10), underslung rear caliper (Discacciati if I can make a bracket to fit) bodywork & tank all repainted in silver, custom instrumentation, etc. There's other parts too, which I can't remember right now... Should be a fun little tool when it's done. Something a bit like this.

I also bought a KMX200 a couple of years ago as a non-runner which I had back up & running within an afternoon. I'd borrowed a friend's KMX125 to take my bike test with in 1991 and had fond memories of these bikes. Back in their day they were great. Brakes are inadequate, suspension soft as a marshmallow and it's still on it's original tires, at about 3,000 original kms. It's kinda fun, in a non serious way. Not worth much and too much hassle to sell, so as I had to drive a truck there to pick up some traditional roof tiles for a future project I recently took it to my wife's parent's home on a small Island 3 hours ferry ride off the coast of Kobe. The local speed limit there is 40 km/h so it's plenty quick enough to get me into trouble. At least I'll have a bike to ride when I'm there. Maybe I'll get to ride it on some beaches and re-live the teenage fun I had on the DT175. Almost bought a CRM250 version 2 to replace it with just before I took it up there, but that fell through - so it wasn't meant to happen...

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
My very first motorcycle.
1984 CR250

My very first street bike. Yamaha RoadStar Warrior. 1700 v twin.
I think those are respectable chickenstrips on the Q2's for a 700lb. cruisier. It had R1 suspension and braking. I was told. :)

My second dirtbike that I bought brand new in 2008.
2007 CRF450X

My daughters 92 F2.
This was my introduction to Sportbikes.

My 2002 VFR 800

And the best for last!
2012 June BOTM

Great choice of bikes Jondog. A CR250 as a first bike.... Sheesh! that was brave...

I remember now I also traded a pair of big home speakers + $150 in Toronto for an XS650 shaft driven custom bike at one point. Horrible bike. Sounded great, but would wallow at the slightest hint of a corner. I liked it because it felt fast back then. But that was my first and last taste of a custom bike.

Have tested, rented and ridden many other bikes since having the Viffer, but never been swayed enough to want any of them except an Aprilia RS250... But that's why I got the TDR250. It'll be even more of a hooligan machine when it's all done.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Mine are the F4i and Triumph Scrambler. My brother has the BMW 650GS and my dad has the 1976 Harley Shovelhead

Attachments

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
I just picked the one up on the trailer. The R1 is my main street squeeze but does see track time regularly. I still have my 750 and Mille-R as well.

·
Administrator
1,242 Posts
Finally gave in and picked up a 2014 Indian Vintage. The first 1901 bikes off the line this year were numbered to celebrate the year Indian started. I went by our local dealership last week and someone had turned in a numbered one with just 60 miles on because he said it was too big. with a new bike at a used price and a 5 year warranty..PLUS a numbered bike, couldn't say no!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had this for a year as track duty only; she was fun but a hand full. For professionals that put time on them only.

Here are my 2 new current honeys :D
I made a clone of my 1K with this

I had more fun with the 600RR in 2 tracksays that I did on the 1K with 10-12 trackdays. The 1K got trade it for this

·
Registered
413 Posts
Looking back i could only find one picture of my superhawk. She's long gone now:(

These are my current bikes. First time ever having more than one bike..

·
Registered
510 Posts
I forgot to add that my Triumph Scrambler was an impulse buy. Saw this video and and I had to have it. (Disclaimer: Hot ass broad not included with purchase)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyJZQIViejQ

I love videos from Nick Brocha and Ernie Vigil

·
Registered
171 Posts
Doing a bit of the time warp thing by resurrecting six-year-old thread :ROFLMAO:

For our USA and Canada friends who might not have had the opportunity to see these, even though they've been out for six months, this is my Triumph Daytona 765 Limited Edition Moto 2 replica. Purchased last January and just racked up 250 miles:eek:. The USA/Can version has red accents on the fairing and tail:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Doing a bit of the time warp thing by resurrecting six-year-old thread :ROFLMAO:

For our USA and Canada friends who might not have had the opportunity to see these, even though they've been out for six months, this is my Triumph Daytona 765 Limited Edition Moto 2 replica. Purchased last January and just racked up 250 miles:eek:. The USA/Can version has red accents on the fairing and tail:
View attachment 134687

View attachment 134688

View attachment 134689
The Arrow can fit's that perfect! :cool: (y)

101 - 120 of 127 Posts