RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys.looks like i could come up on a sp1/sp2. his email says 2001 but craigslist says 2002. but other then that i would like to know what kind of miles you have seen on these bikes.the one im looking at has 30,000 miles. higher then i want but i would like to see what you guys have seen. thanks .:cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks. it looks like there were some noticable changes in these bikes from the 2001's to the 2002's. anything that would really deter me from purchasing the sp1? are alot of the parts interchangable for instance if i were to purhase an engine out of a later sp2 are there any mounting issues i may run into?

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
There are a lot of differences between the SP1 and SP2. Many parts will easily interchange, many other parts should not be interchanged or won't easily interchange. I personally went SP2 or nothing for the improvements. For track I'd only do SP2 as the handling benefits at the limit are very helpful. Note that there are still many happy SP1 owners.

An SP2 engine will work in an SP1 but you want the header as well. It would be a shame to use the SP1 throttlebodies, but with SP2 versions you may need the airbox, maybe all the wiring harness and ECU stuff too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info. the bike is an sp1 i found out and im going to check it out soon. this bike will mainly be used for street use. i have found some running sp1 swing arms. i know they are a lighter but will that compromise any handling being that the chasis of the bike is still heavier then the sp2's? it took me a minute to like the look of the front fairing and headlights on these bikes but i think it grew on me pretty quick. and you run the sp2 throttles on the sp1 as long as you tune accordingly?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts