RC51 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I was wandering if someone can help here I have done the flapper mod, and I took my RC to Mid-Ohio and I was red lining very fast and I was loosing drive in the back strait, anyway I want to to the soft rev line mod but I don`t understand how to do it on a Power Commander USBIII, maybe someone here can guide me in the right way

thanks in advance for any input!

I have check the 51.org web site and they have it with the Power CommanderII and I don`t know if is the same technick

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
It's the ECU connector wiring that you're modifying.
It should work fine with PCII, PCIIIr, PCIIIUSB.
I would use a better splice than the scotch splice they referred to in the Rogue site.
All you need is to induce funky ECU issues with crappy splice.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the ECU connector wiring that you're modifying.
It should work fine with PCII, PCIIIr, PCIIIUSB.
I would use a better splice than the scotch splice they referred to in the Rogue site.
All you need is to induce funky ECU issues with crappy splice.

thank you for your reply!

but what would be a good splice?

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
thank you for your reply!

but what would be a good splice?
What I was meaning was, anything that makes a good electrical connection.
Such as a good solder joint with heat shrink, or possibly a good quality butt splice as opposed to an insulation displacement crimp like the scotch splices.
Try a local electronics store or distributor.

I had enough problems with my undertail connections to educate me on iffy connections.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I was meaning was, anything that makes a good electrical connection.
Such as a good solder joint with heat shrink, or possibly a good quality butt splice as opposed to an insulation displacement crimp like the scotch splices.
Try a local electronics store or distributor.

I had enough problems with my undertail connections to educate me on iffy connections.
Ok, thanks! I think got it finally after looking at it really good last nigth, how to do that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts