RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD

Good AM,

My name is Jason and I am new to this forum. I recently acquired a 2005 RC51 and have purchased a Ladybird setup from Simon. I just listed my Yoshimura RS-3 setup on eBay and wanted to share here as well:

The system is still installed and I will be removing once I receive the new setup. Also, as I mentioned in my eBay listing, I will be polishing the mid pipes and mufflers prior to sale/shipment.

Thank you,

Jason

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Jason and Welcome, this is very strange, my name is Jason and I just acquired an 05 sp2 same color and have a Ladybird titanium banzai high mount gp cans coming from Simon right now. Just sold the yoshimura carbon fiber pipes on ebay...for exactly $500.00. Creepy....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi Jason and Welcome, this is very strange, my name is Jason and I just acquired an 05 sp2 same color and have a Ladybird titanium banzai high mount gp cans coming from Simon right now. Just sold the yoshimura carbon fiber pipes on ebay...for exactly $500.00. Creepy....
In addition to a great name, sounds like we also have good taste. 😉 I ended up going with the low mount long gp cans. The Yoshi setup has been great, and I’ve installed on multiple bikes throughout the years, but I’m after a deeper sound out of the RC51. Keep me posted when you receive/install your new setup. Thanks for the welcome note!

P.S. Still creepy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great Jason! Love the rear sets too. I'll post some pics once I install the new setup.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Yea I actually liked the yosh set up, was on the bike when I acquired it. The sound of the ladybird is just ridiculous and looks amazing. Simon also sent me a map until I can get on the dyno. Few pics of the candy on it's way!
Hi Jason
bike looks great.you are very lucky to get such a clean example (the prices of SP2's are shooting through the roof here in Japan these days)
make sure you wipe off all fingerprints etc before starting 9with quick drying brake fluid) as they can stain the titanium

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wanted to provide a quick update as the system has been removed. In addition, I re-polished the system and it looks great. The original eBay auction link includes updated photos of the removed mufflers, mid pipes, and hardware. Let me know should anyone have any additional questions.

Thank you,

Jason

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Jason
bike looks great.you are very lucky to get such a clean example (the prices of SP2's are shooting through the roof here in Japan these days)
make sure you wipe off all fingerprints etc before starting 9with quick drying brake fluid) as they can stain the titanium
Thanks buddy, yea I feel pretty lucky to get this clean of a bike with 43k on the odo...somebody took very good care of her. Thanks for the tip on the fingerprints. Plan to wear thin rubber gloves for install...I'll make sure to update you all when I see it show up here on the 7th of Oct.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts