RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,
As previously written, I'm new so this may be nothing but I'm finally back on the bike after recovering from a stroke and Rachel(yes, she has a name) is causing me a concern!

She runs fine, beautiful in fact but the FI light is on permanently and my brain still doesn't seem to function in the correct way to figure it out.

When I turn on the ignition, it lights up and stays on until I switch of the ignition. Starts, rides smooth and stops just fine.
1. I tried a different ECU and it did exactly the same thing. The other ECU is a working unit.
2. Check the Battery cables and everything is tight and clean.
3. Tried shorting the service indicator and it went out, then I had standard flashing(it didn't stop), then a solid light again. As if it didn't clear a code.

Is it me? she's lubed, clean, shiny and well dressed(new rubber). I've even talked nicely to her. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've tried clearing codes. Maybe I'm getting it wrong but sometimes nothing happens but sometimes it flashes after doing it. No numbers, just a continuous flash

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found it! Took the front fairing off and one of the 2 wire connectors to the front wiring harness, left side, had slipped a wire. Small grey connector, I'll post pictures tomorrow.
I guess the gap between the fairing and inner fairing is tight for all the wiring.
Great site and thanks for the help. 80 degrees and working on racking up the miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts