RC51 Forums banner

Some parts to install

17K views 80 replies 23 participants last post by  simonkobejapan 
#1 ·
Been slowly gathering bits over the last year to install on my VTR1000SP2,and since getting the radiator unit can start to install on the bike.
looking for some wheels(probably Galespeeds) and maybe some ohlins forks,but might just stick with the OEM ones
and maybe a Coerce fenderless and some painting with the tail unit,and should be done!

See less See more
#8 ·
That is a HYPERPRO I believe.

Great collection you've got there Simon.

Can't wait to see them installed.

The rear brake rotor is a full floater from what I can see but why it has 6 mounting holes?

What wheels are you installing on the beast?

#12 ·
Simon, you always have some trick goodies. I can't wait to see this come together.

#16 ·
Simon, if you have the original tank and want to sell it after fitting that lucious aluminium one, I may have someone who wants it... The buddy whose project bike I bought last night! Let me know if it's available. Thanks.

#18 ·
Hi Simon,
That's very cool of you. :) Shipping would be to Chiba, so could be sent Chaku Barai.
He'll be wanting other parts, maybe PM me your e-mail address & contact info, as I'm sure we'll be needing your help along the way too.

#19 ·
no problem
Im a little slack these days though,so might be a week or so before I can get around to getting the tank off(also need to order a new gasket and little bits-but can do that tomorrow with ladybird
at least the weather here is finally getting a warm enough to start working on bikes etc

#20 · (Edited)
Simon - I don't think we're in any rush... This SP2 probably won't be on the road before the end of this year, with all the work we want to do (right) on it. Other things like our families, etc. will take priority.

He can use my VFR750 for rides so no rush - but says he's looking forward to going to Motegi Moto GP on 2 SP2's. Are you going this year? If so, perhaps we could meet there. We'll be camping out this year.

Was a lovely day today here in Chiba. Took the SP2 out to show someone who came by, but only took the TDR250 for a ride. SP2 needs better roads to enjoy, but the spring weather's nearly her at last! :)

#21 · (Edited)
Havent been to Motegi since 2007...
make sure you go to the Honda museum,and the back straight is a great place to see the bikes as there is a sharp hairpin(of course you probably already know where to go etc!)
also all the team crew stay at hotels in Utsunomiya(not the ***** riders as they stay at the circuit hotel)and they all go out drinking etc in the evenings,so check out the bars there.
just pm me or whatever when your mate wants the tank

a few photos from 2007(and I see im not the only one thats been banned by the lovely little chap who controls that site!)

http://www.1000rr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39406

http://www.1000rr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39400

http://www.1000rr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39675&page=2

#23 ·
Thanks again Simon, We'll be following your advice on visiting the museum, seating, etc.
Last time we went, although we planned (loosely) to camp we didn't bother packing a tent. Last minute we rode to Utsunomiya, found a home centre and bought a 3,500 Yen dome tent... You're right, we were right next to the Rizla umbrella girls briefly whilst they had dinner on a table next to our's at a family restaurant. Will probably head back to the city for dinner this year and see if we can meet some riders, that would be the sweetest icing on the cake.

Simon, one good turn deserves another. I realise you're probably all the way out in Kobe, but I have a few bikes and if all goes well, we'll have a spare in October which you could ride. So if you do fancy going to Moto GP this year, take a shinkansen and we'll pick you up at Tokyo station and you can stay at our place in Chiba not far from Narita. It's a large 300 year old restored kominka surrounded by forest. Plenty of space to stay, then we can ride the 130km or so to Motegi. A lot easier than riding from Kobe! :)

#24 ·
PM sent with postal address for fuel tank. Thanks again Simon!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.