RC51 Forums banner

some slip-on pics

4K views 18 replies 3 participants last post by  Mrgrn 
#1 ·
just shot these today b4 shipping them off. they are SS lows and a pic of the banzai pipes too

very light sets

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Have you done any dyno time with these cans, or feedback from customers with regard to power/torque improvements after remapping?

Nice looking slip-on's :)

#3 ·
there are plenty of people who have used these types of mufflers from me and others and the mufflers themsleves were not make or break on the dyno. most makers don't dnyo mufflers but they are very loud LOL

the pipes are going to be run of the mill as far as performance and i am not personally goiong to make claims. there are people who have bought them and with a remap they were happy. Please keep in mind i can sell you mufflers to retrofit you Erion pipes or supply you will a few pipe options too

let me know if this helps?

#4 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. The cans certainly seem light, Im guessing lighter than my Erions though I haven't weighed them.

#6 ·
There are too many options for the mufflers to make dyno'ing worthwhile. there are 3 sizes of core size, several sizes or rounds, many lengths and inlets i could dyno the same muffler in 20 different configs and get 1 hp either way. I have yet to see any other maker dyno their mufflers alone for claims so i ahve felt no need to do so for mine. I can't dyno and make custom maps for cans.

I do however plan on doing the slip-ons complete vs OEM and any new full exhausts as time and systems permit.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me i am eagerly awaiting

#9 ·
not factual John.

most don't, very few do.

just FWIW look ate the greatest slip-on ever for the 51-sato. find me a sato dyno made by sato not a third party.
Sato always did on their Japanese site, but the main US importer made many Dyno runs, both on low and high mount.

the reality is the is no way to dyno muffler but again we have been through this already:rolleyes: the variables on muffler length, core size, and shape would be impossible to dyno. I am doing dyno work on fulls but for the 51 the simple slip-on is a simple slip-on IMO. I make no HP claims so i don't feel i have to prove they do anything other then sound great and look great too.
Why dont you focus on 1 or 2 then and have them make power, why do I want your exhaust if it will not increase performance?
As i move forward i will do the best i can to work harder to be providing more dyno info but when people buying MGP growlers for $289 and complaining about them costing too much there is not much incentive for high end exhausts, again look where sato is now with them, defunked.
Last I heard Sato's were in high demand for the 51. Did'nt you make a copy of them? What do you mean defunked?

You can call me john i would love the chance to speak with you more in depth about any questions or concerns you might have. I am all for bikes and i look forward to making more parts and offering more exhausts and i welcome your thoughts
Cool, I just gave you my thoughts, but yeah maybe I will give you a ring sometime! :)

#10 ·
Sato always did on their Japanese site, but the main US importer made many Dyno runs, both on low and high mount.

their importer soley made the brand from a warehouse company to huge here stateside. i have not seen any sato graphs but that is not the point. my point is show me all the graphs from all the slip-on companies that are not the importers or sellers. i can find you 10 makers for the 51 with no graphs and people buy them why shoud i do what million dollars companies don't?

Why dont you focus on 1 or 2 then and have them make power, why do I want your exhaust if it will not increase performance?

same reason people bought sato or others GP cans without any perfomance gains, they were cool looking, cool sounding and mine are custom made and not many offer that. I do intend on working my way up and offering stuff like ti pipes but the economy and people will not buy it right now and that is part of the reason companies like arata and sato don't even make pipes despite all their glory and high end appeal they can't sell them. the market wants unique and cheap and making $1400 slip-ons for a 10 year old bike is not happening even if it made 10 hp and was all ti nobody is buying em.

People want sub $300 MGP growler type slip-on that are loud and cheap. i am trying to sell what they want and continue to grow until cooler projects allow. i am trying for this 2-1 ducati full coming soon and a high and low mount full RSV4 too but again, not much there for customers and it is not just me, ask around the exhaust market is crap all over.

Last I heard Sato's were in high demand for the 51. Did'nt you make a copy of them? What do you mean defunked?

i did not copy them unless you call high mount location and using pipe a copy:D I had made a similar mount because of the fact people like that, supply and demand. I used different tapers and added a bolt on carbon boot guard to combat the years of people complaining about burt boots so i feel i did a upgrade. Mine together are actually lighter then a set of sato's because my larger cars are lighter then sato's even with steel piping vs ti, again not too bad IMO. OH, i use ceramic coating as standard, who else does that?

i am working hard to get some small options moving to get in the postition to attempt a larger scale high end deal but you can't just make a thing like that overnight. In a year and a half i went from mrgrn's mufflers to retofit to BD and now fulls and slip-ons.

give me some time and support and i will keep trying to grow and expand:)

Cool, I just gave you my thoughts, but yeah maybe I will give you a ring sometime! :)
would be nice if you did, i am not so nice on the net:D

be great to speak with you and my door is always open if you hit louden

#17 ·
yo know exactly who i am and you kow i am not new.

pretty hard to keep working on it when every post is the same thread posted.

i have handled the situation correctly and i feel i did nothing wrong. i am sorry for the customer and refunded the money, can't win them all

#15 ·
http://www.1000rr.net/forums/itrader.php

here is one.

i don't feel i have to argue on a site with no moderation. the same people are on the same forums slandering the same things repeatedly. i have been a round for over a decade. i am not saying i have not rubbed somebody the wrong way but that is the net. Stuff that is said about my bizz is intended to slander and lose me bizz and if you can't see that i don't know what to say really. A real customer will call, email, or PM me and i will resolved it. How is it people without a sale from me are considered viable or believeable. i can't refute lies and crap. Until i have a email here or a call from a customer from whom i have really done something wrong too the rest is a attempt to hurt and why repsond and rerute to further make the circus go around or is that the point? I think you will see it is the same people with the same tube posting hundreds of times like it is fun. it is some form of entertainment for them i think. if they truly had a issue i have been here waiting as a man to deal with it or resolve it and it never comes;) you don't find it odd people who i have never done bizz with join sites to start threads that try to damage me and my efforts? a little scary really IMO. say your beef and move on.

Like i have said. i have had some fun on the net as much as the next guy and at times i have been heated and or taken too serious. i am also a fun target because i make things and sell things while others have nothing on the line to win or lose. I have tried to contact a few persons to rectify the sitations they might have with me for spite or whatnot and i never hear back. hard to worry too much about people i have not done bizz with who are out to damage me what came come of some trash fest?

i am here and really there is no need to hash out why people are messed up and if you feel i have done you wrong email, PM, or call me i am always here no worries. I will be glad to show you what my customers know or you can listen to what trouble makers say trying to lose me bizz. I get pissed at times but would never try to damage a person trying to better themselves and help because i was angry over petty stuff.

#18 · (Edited)
Well mrgrn, I believe in the saying where there is smoke, there is fire.

I just read some more of that thread, sounds like that guy that started it was pretty clear he was not trying to hurt your business or bash your parts, his problem was how you treated people.

I think you should go square things away with that dude, he seemed pretty sincere. ( and there is like a dozen pages of people agreeing with him )

Good luck! :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.