RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(PM me or reply with any changes / corrections / additions / deletions)

General, aka all kinds of RC51 stuff from one source

Airboxes & Snorkels
- DHC: hand made by & sold directly by forum member Duckhunter. Oct '19 DHC is active as well as actively producing all parts featured on the DHC website. New products are also continued being released as well.​

Batteries, lithium
- Shorai (RC51 part # LFX18A1-BS12)​
- Alien Motion[/INDENT]

Bodywork, race

Brakes

Brake lines

Brake pads

Carbon fiber parts
- Bestem
- DHC: hand made by & sold directly by forum member Duckhunter. Oct '19 DHC is active as well as actively producing all parts featured on the DHC website. New products are also continued being released as well.
- Magical Racing
- Tyga

Chains

Chain & sprocket package sets
- DID: sold thru Scotts Motorcycle Service (Scott's email: [email protected])​

Clipons

Clock trims

Clutch lines and fittings, in colors

Engine building
- Roger D and Revolution UK​

Exhaust
- Danmoto
- Hindle
- Jardine: RT-1 polished; RT-1 carbon fiber; Exhaust re-pack kit
- Ladybird: sold by Simon Kobe thru his eBay store HARDPARTSJAPAN, or directly thru Simon who is forum member simonkobejapan, or thru his website
- Micron
- Sato: No longer available new; you'll have to find a used set or possibly somebody stashed away a new, un-used set somewhere.
- Yoshimura
- Black Dragon: Warning, I haven't encountered anybody yet who's said they'd buy BD's poor quality products again. I only included BD here to provide a warning.​

Exhaust re-pack
- Jardine
- DHC by forum member Duckhunter

Fasteners & fittings, lightweight
- Pro-Bolt
- Ti64

Fenders

Front-mount radiators
- Thermae: Have been promoted in posts on this forum here and another forum here

Fuel System Managers

GP shift (reverse shift, i.e. 1 up, 5 down)
- Sato

How-To mods and related info

Huggers
- DHC: hand made by & sold directly by forum member Duckhunter. Oct '19 DHC is active as well as actively producing all parts featured on the DHC website. New products are also continued being released as well.

- Tyga, specifically this page on their site
- Magical Racing[/INDENT]

Levers
- ASV
- CRG
- Gilles
- Pazzo
- Titax

Manuals, Service
- PDF download (free) from ... OK this link is apparently bad now so I removed it; let me know if it's posted somewhere else
- Hard copies are also available on eBay ($50-60)​

Mirrors

Moriwaki parts
- Roger D and Revolution UK​

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
OEM parts with a price comparison sample done on 6/6/14 for an '04 RC51 OEM magnesium clutch cover (shipping will vary I'm sure, and 'rewards', etc):
- BikeBandit.com $118.82
- CheapCycleParts.com $107.76
- partspitstop.com $101.32
- MrCyles.com $100.31
- Honda East Toledo $94.99
- Partzilla.com $91.19​

Parts

Quickshifters

Race bodywork

Rearsets
- Babyface
- Cycle Cat
- Harris
- Sato
- Tech G
- Tyga

Rotors

Seats

Service manuals
- PDF download (free) from RC51.info
- Hard copy also available on eBay ($50-60)​

Speedometer correctors
- SpeedoHealer by HealTech Electronics: sold thru Blue Monkey Motorsports

Sprockets
- DID: sold thru Scotts Motorcycle Service (Scott's email: [email protected])​

Stands

Steering dampers

Suspension
- Elka
- Maxton
- Ohlins rear shocks, sold thru: Dan Kyle of Kyle Racing or forum member LDH®
- Riders Discount
- Penske

Suspension setup
- Rogue RC51 site
- Front: written by forum member kwtoxman
- Rear: written by forum member kwtoxman

Swingarms, used / refurbished
- Check with forum member sbkdrew

Titanium hardware
- Pro-Bolt
- Ti64

Traction pads (knee grip for gas tank sides)

Triple clamps

Turn signals
- Watsen
- Proton

Wheels

Windscreens

·
Registered
139 Posts
Frikkin awesome to see Scott's Motorcycle Service is doing well, I had my R6 worked on a couple times by him a bunch of years ago. As a semi-related note for this thread, I'd recommend SMS to anyone!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Might as welll add SportbikeTrackGear, Riders Discount, RonAyers, etc...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Done ... Wow, their website is chaotic!
That it is lol, looks like a cheap website too but dont be fooled they are everything but cheap haha, this is part of what sold me on them :D

"The Titanium II Lifetime Sprocket Guarantee is intended to provide you with the assurance that if you do happen to wear it out you will be entitled to a free replacement. There is NO Guarantee in the world like this from any other sprocket manufacturer, NOT IRONMAN, NOT RENTHAL, NOT VORTEX, NOT SUNSTAR, NOT ANYBODY!"

And thanks for setting this up man!

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
That it is lol, looks like a cheap website too but dont be fooled they are everything but cheap haha, this is part of what sold me on them :D

"The Titanium II Lifetime Sprocket Guarantee is intended to provide you with the assurance that if you do happen to wear it out you will be entitled to a free replacement. There is NO Guarantee in the world like this from any other sprocket manufacturer, NOT IRONMAN, NOT RENTHAL, NOT VORTEX, NOT SUNSTAR, NOT ANYBODY!"

And thanks for setting this up man!

Do you remember when they had a lifetime warranty on their dirt bike chains? Ya right!!! I broke one after 10 rides and the second after 8 rides. I cleaned and wax (Maxima brand) the chains after each day of riding. They said because I did not use their wax the warranty was no good.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
A few suggestions:

Airboxes & Snorkels (DHC).

How about seats? :) Aside from the usual Corbin & other brand sold in the US, could also include: www.tonyarcher.co.uk

Stands: I haven't yet tried mine, but I'm sure it's fine: www.1jac.co.uk is available specifically for the RC51.

Magical racing also makes carbon fenders, huggers, clock trims and screens for the RC51 in addition to full race bodywork.

Aside from Tyga, etc. there are other rear set manufacturers such as Babyface who still manufacture. Quality is 1st class. Harris in the UK also offer some nice items.

Battery Brands (List part numbers if possible) - Shorai

Lightweight fasteners & fittings www.probolt.com

Steering Dampers (Include Matris & Hyperpro, available from www.pdq1.com)

Quickshifters - Include http://www.translogicuk.com/quickshifters.php

I'm sure there are many more, but they don't spring to mind right now...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Do you remember when they had a lifetime warranty on their dirt bike chains? Ya right!!! I broke one after 10 rides and the second after 8 rides. I cleaned and wax (Maxima brand) the chains after each day of riding. They said because I did not use their wax the warranty was no good.
Thats no good, how long ago was it? I've had one for 3 years on a yz250, probably been through 50+ races and countless practices, lubed with WD-40 every race lol and never had a problem.

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
Uh-oh, guess I'll have to be judicious with this post ... I tried to add something, and the site told me it went over the 10000 character max.
Remove half of the original post's contents to save up some space.

Then type them to another post along the way.

After posting it, go to the post's top right corner where the post's number is.

Right click on the number and select "copy link address"

Then go to the first post and add that link.

In the future you can add more RC51 stuff website links and copy the specific post's link address and add it on your first post.
That way, a new member can continue reading you posted links while reading your first post, without having to go through the whole thread ;)

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Just edit your 1st post to say - "see my 2nd post below for continuation" and put half above, half below. You can even put it in 3 parts, as you have reserved the 1st, 3rd & 5th posts in this thread - but I don't think the list will grow endlessly...Plenty of space. :)

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts