RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Was this gonna be the planned meet we talked about from the other thread? Cause I'm totally in. WNC represent :D

Devil you going?

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Nothing like riding in the rain.....:D

If I can go, it will be a last minute thing. It really depends on my class load.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
310 Posts
OK, well...if it is open to anyone I would like to attend. I am new to this forum and wouldn't mind meeting a few of you. However, two things could stop me. One, class load as well. I am not sure when finals are. Second, I have never ridden the tail and although I have rode for a few years I still feel kinda like it is over my ability, or I would be going slow and pi$$ing everyone off behind me. :(
Canty

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
OK, well...if it is open to anyone I would like to attend. I am new to this forum and wouldn't mind meeting a few of you. However, two things could stop me. One, class load as well. I am not sure when finals are. Second, I have never ridden the tail and although I have rode for a few years I still feel kinda like it is over my ability, or I would be going slow and pi$$ing everyone off behind me. :(
Canty
Always gonna be somebody faster ... and slower ... than you. And when you try too hard to keep up and fail the penalty can be severe. Anyway, I myself wouldn't bother riding with folks that might get pissed if I lagged behind. Either they'll be waiting at the end ... or they won't. No big deal as you can't really get lost on the Tail anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Always gonna be somebody faster ... and slower ... than you. And when you try too hard to keep up and fail the penalty can be severe. Anyway, I myself wouldn't bother riding with folks that might get pissed if I lagged behind. Either they'll be waiting at the end ... or they won't. No big deal as you can't really get lost on the Tail anyway.
Agreed

I think the only requirements on this meet is not to be a total squid and to at lease, at one time own a RC.
I would say my abilities are adequate, but with a group I always ride at 60-70% because you can not control what other do, only react to it. So don't worry about being slow, it's better to have a slow ride then a ride in an ambulance.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Canty
Screw everybody else and what they think.....they may think worse thoughts if they see you flying off into a 50' ravine.:rolleyes:

Ride at your own pace!:cool:

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Canty
Was thinking about this some more: The Dragon starts at the little remote crossroads called Deal's Gap where there's a motel, a couple shops and a gas station, and heads west from there. Seems most guys race thru the 11-mile 'track' and then stop at the west end to discuss, rest, take in the views, smoke 'em, etc before either turning around and riding it again west-to-east, or heading off for another road ... so you'll probably catch up to them there anyway. Many times the fast guys like to race to the end and wait so they can feel how awesome it is to be so much faster than other guys :D :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
SQUID: A young motorcyclist who overestimates his abilities, boasts of his riding skills when in reality he has none. Squid bikes are usually decorated with chrome and various anodized bits. Rear tyres are too wide for their own good, swingarm extended. Really slow in the corners, and sudden bursts of acceleration when a straight appears. Squids wear no protection, deeming themselves invincible. This fact compounds intself with the fact that they engage in 'extreem riding'--performing wheelies and stoppies in public areas. Squids wreck alot. Derived from 'squirly kid'

also see stunta
We were suddenly passed by a chromed out GSX-R and then when we rounded the bend, we saw the squid wrapped around a tree, he'd probably be alive if he was wearing a helmet.

Courtesy of Urban Dictionary.:D

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Nothing like riding in the rain.....:D

If I can go, it will be a last minute thing. It really depends on my class load.:rolleyes:
Why dont you go "When you have no class".

1 - 20 of 20 Posts