RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday while I was in S. California driving on the 91 west at around 1330 I was passed by an RC; pretty cool. I went to Chaparral in hopes they would have a visor for my helmet-- Suomy Spec 1R --and on the return trip around 1500 on the 91 east I was passed by another RC.
I rarely see them in the central valley or the bay area and I spot two in the same day down there! Was that anyone from the forum?
Something I noticed while down there was that, aside from the tourmaster suits I saw on the adventure bike riders, the guys on the RC were about the only people wearing any kind of protection (even if one of them did seem to have been wearing shorts with his jacket). I know its hot down there but what is the deal? Especially with all of the accidents that happen there (on the way to chaparral there was an accident holding up traffic in the opposite lanes and on the way back there was one that had just happened a few dozen yards in front of me) and the tons of traffic.
Anyway, I just thought it was cool to see two RCs in one trip.
Here is a picture of part of Chaparral's helmet room:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I've ridden in LA, of the PCH near Santa Monica and Malibu, south as far as Redondo Beach, and north up to Oxnard. Lots of nice side roads that peel off the coast and head up into nice gnarly canyons. I spot a RC51 most times I'm there. Never stopped, they're always going the opposite way, but I believe there's quite a few of them in LA.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts