RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty cool and really easy mod to help your cooling system maintain a cooler temperature. All it takes is replacing the radiator sensor with Nissan part number 21595-01A00 or SW524 at autozone for 27 bucks and is a dirrect swap, no modification required. It turns your fans on at 190 instead of 214 and maintains 185 degrees.

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-rc51/64598-lower-temp-fan-switch.html

Only works for the SP1 though since the SP2 fans are controlled by the ECU not a thermo switch.

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, post up how it works out for you. i would definitely do this mod if i was not doing the manual switch.

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, makes the SP2 system a bit more complicated.

·
Registered
158 Posts
is this a no go for sp2? grrr

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep, won't work on a SP2.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Hey gts, that's one of those little pearls of wisdom. Thanks, your timing couldn't have been any better, were going to hit 100 for a day or two here...

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice, glad i could help.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Just before my last trackday I did this mod. I really did not see any difference in temps when I came off the track. First thing is the new sensor has two wires going to a connector. You will have to cut them. One wire will have to be extended and run to a ground source (I connected it to the stock grounding source). The other wire I installed a flat connector (so I did not have to cut my stock harness) and used some heat shrink to make sure it did not come loose. The O-ring which comes with the new sensor looks to be larger than the stock one. I had to be careful how tight I made it. The first time the O-Ring pushed out of one side.

If I had a little more time I would do the install a little different. I would get the other half of the new sensor connector and wire it into my harness. Also I would use the OEM O-ring (3991307-PH7-660 O-Ring (13.5X1.4) $1.32).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts