RC51 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks newbie here, I've just purchased a mint sp1 but its severely jumping out of 3rd gear, I know I have to split engine but was wondering if I need to strip the top end off to split crank cases,...ive printed of manual but quality was crap...

·
Registered
99 Posts
honestly just rebuild the engine and fix it properly.

of all the years ive worked on engines this really is the easiest. its really well put together and comes apart just as well. theres loads of room to work. thinking about it, if the motors turned upside down you shouldnt even have to remove the heads. just remove the right cases and lower crank case and it will come away.

buying another engine, although they are quite cheap; you never know its true history of mileage. if your engine overall is a good one why not stick with it.

i have spare gearbox too if you are in need

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the reply's folks, I've managed to source a brand new engine,,, does anyone know where I can get the adjustable front engine spacer,, I need one ASAP...

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Thanks for all the reply's folks, I've managed to source a brand new engine,,, does anyone know where I can get the adjustable front engine spacer,, I need one ASAP...
Maybe Matt (RIRC51) ^ can help you with that, give him a shout.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts