RC51 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
In all of my searching I never came across a set of "new" anything for the SP1 except some stuff on ebay....And being Ebay my thought is it was a mislabeled SP2 setup anyway.
Good point!

For future reference for members here, apparently JardineProducts (a division of SuperTrapp) still produces mid pipe/slip-on packages for the RC, and the full 2-into-1 thing that I hate the looks of. :frown2:

Here's the catalog. See page 116.
http://www.jardineproducts.com/pdfs/jardine_cat.pdf
Their website is pathetic and useless, but the catalogue that you download from there is understandable.

Incidentally, the Jardine P/N for the pipes I bought in 2008 is 18-1212-123-02, the only option for the SP1. This is the high-mount/aluminum can/race version, and the first item shown on page 116. In this case back then, "race" meant the larger outlet tip and less core baffling. I don't know if that's offered now, but the low, throaty boom-boom-boom sound is divine.

A fun fact about the Jardines is that their red and black label on the can really goes with the livery of the 00-04 Piggies. :laugh:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've got an SP1 set of Jardine slip-on dual low mount I'm going to want to get rid of when I can find a different set. I'd like to find a full system without going to an SP2 set. I would love to find a Ladybird or Akrapovic set, however that is proving difficult.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
I have a set of SP1 Ladybird Blued mids and GP cans that fit the SP 1 header , rare , Simon got them for me look at my garage you can see them on the bike from the SP1 header to mid - 60mm sleeve

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
This amuses me. Months after starting this thread I have looked to the end of the earth literally for a decent SP1 setup. Finally found, purchased and received said pipes and now exhausts are coming out of the woodwork.:laugh:

I would have just gone with an SP2 setup but have yet to see an SP2 header for sale. In truth I stopped looking once I bought the SP1 setup.

Oh well hopefully someone else can take advantage of the situation.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
I have a set of SP1 Ladybird Blued mids and GP cans that fit the SP 1 header , rare , Simon got them for me look at my garage you can see them on the bike from the SP1 header to mid - 60mm sleeve
Sorry for the necrobump, but do you still have these? Having a really tough time finding a decent set of SP1 mids and cans.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
You mean these .... yea I do

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
PMedyou about them

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Okay so last night I actually installed my Sato Low mount setup. See my bike has been out west since late October and I finally rode it home to Virginia last week.

First impressions are it sounds great. Now I just need to get the PC3 installed and clean up/repair the aftermath of my almost 6000 miles of time away from home. (mind you it was 3 separate adventures)

Supposed to ride the entire Blue Ridge Parkway this weekend with some friends from Atlanta but I may cut it short due to not having any vacation left at work.

It's great to have my bike back at home.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Supposed to ride the entire Blue Ridge Parkway this weekend with some friends from Atlanta.
I'll be on the BRP and other amazing roads in western NC this weekend and next week....but I'll be on my Duc MultiStrada. The RC has been under me many times there and it's wonderful on those fast sweepers, but the Duc is such a capable touring rocket. And comfy! And hardbags!

But having my beloved RC slumbering in the garage is a torment to me. :frown2:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I'll be on the BRP and other amazing roads in western NC this weekend and next week....but I'll be on my Duc MultiStrada. The RC has been under me many times there and it's wonderful on those fast sweepers, but the Duc is such a capable touring rocket. And comfy! And hardbags!

But having my beloved RC slumbering in the garage is a torment to me. :frown2:
I ended up not riding this weekend sadly. Lots of rain here. But on a good note I got much of the funk of the last 6000 miles away from home off the bike. Changed the oil and repaired the damage to my fairings from my mishap week before last. Bikes ready for the next adventure.

Hope the riding was good. If you're heading out that way again let me know. Might be able to meet up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know there is a lot of good/bad with the Black Dragon exhaust, but damn does it look good with the short high mounts.
Is he still making it and where can it be ordered?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I know there is a lot of good/bad with the Black Dragon exhaust, but damn does it look good with the short high mounts.
Is he still making it and where can it be ordered?
No matter how good they may look, I think consensus is it's complete crap, and he treats people very poorly, so I don't think anybody's gonna direct you to him. If you can't find him via google, that's probably yet another sign.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Akrapovic are still doing full systems, although they are discontinued the importer here in the UK can still get a few made each year but for how long I don't know. Bloody expensive though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone know the diameter of the Black Dragon exhaust high/banzai short cans?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am looking for the diameter and length of these cans.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Add Delkevic to the list of SP1 exhausts

21 - 40 of 56 Posts