RC51 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A short history. 2001 sp1 with 27k a power commander 2 and a code 10 FI light ( baro sensor in very front of the bike ). Light has been on for the last few months. Bike ran well even with FI light but would eventually develope two or three misses or bogs right before the limiter at WOT. So now I've decided to look into it. Now I know you're all about to say throw the PC2 away, haha. Okay moving on, code ten follow the manual reading volts between wires I find zero volts between light green and green with orange stripe. Systematically ohm out those two wires find continuity before PC2 ( plug to PC2 ) and none after ( plug to ecm ). Next unravel wires to PC2 and hopefuly find a short or break and none to be found. Next plug original loom plug into ECU ( bypass PC2 ) clear codes run bike. Everything looks good to go no FI light or blinks while running, for a final check read voltage btween questioned wires AH Ha! 5 volts!! Problem solved. Well kinda. My question is, would the PC2 develope an issue and not supply power to the baro sensor and should it show continuity if it were working correctly? I think I'll take the bike out this weekend and see how it rides without the PC2 installed. If I'm not happy with it I'm at a cross roads. Purchase a PC5 with auto tune or, professionally flash ECU if that is possible. Only engine mods are K and N and slip on Jardines. What is your advise?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update. Runs better without power commander installed. No check engine light with 45 miles of riding. Could be due to its map or settings or the fact that it may not be working correctly to begin with. Still have a slight bog/surge/ not quite a miss between 8500-9500 rpm. Limiter seems to hit at 10 or 10.5. Have a PC5 on the way with an auto tuner. At this point I'm sure I can't tune that problem out i think it lies elsewhere. We'll see what happens. Has anyone had this same issue?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts