RC51 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 SP1 2006 SP2
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

As has happened to others, I unfortunately lost my solo seat cowl after the locking bolt backed itself out. Fortunately, I do have the passenger seat though I will miss the solo cowl (WTB if anyone knows of one for sale).

Just as a note there was no key lock when I bought the bike so it's been rigged with a pull cable to unlatch the seat. However, I have everything back together and the cable isn't retracting in to the locking position. Anyone have any ideas? Could the cable have stretched by chance? Also, curious if anyone has a cleaner set up for bypassing the trunk/seat lock.

Thanks is advance! (pictures have no relevance to the post but figured I'd share anyway)

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 SP1 2006 SP2
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a cowl sorry. However, I too have an SP1 and I'm in Phoenix. Where are you?
I'm up in Cave Creek. How about you?

This has been my go to bike for probably nine years now but I just picked up an SP2 to keep it company.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm curious, did you have the rubber seal under the solo seat cowl? I keep wondering if not having it causes the cowl to come loose from the mechanism.
Product Rectangle Font Automotive lighting Parallel

·
Registered
RC51 SP-1
47 Posts
Hi, The lock structure is a reliable design and usually does not come off. The cause is that the locking act is not completely finished.
If the wire and seat cowl latch (PartsList No.7) do not move well, the lock will become loose. It can be avoided by regular cleaning and grease-up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts