RC51 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im bought a right side fairing off a guy and im trying to install it and the mounting points are different. THe left side works but the right side fairings are way off

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
The side cowls should attach the same.
The lower inner cowls are different.
The SP1 use 8 trim clips while the SP2 uses 6.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i wonder what the hell is going on?????
can anyone post a picture of their attachment points? maybe it's missing brackets or something?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I see its the one on the bottom, does it just not match up? I ssume its either the one al the way in the front or the back or both? It doesnt make sense that its not matching up..

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Is it the hole in the fairing not lining up with the frame, or is it just the bolt not threading into the hole?
Sometimes I catch myself not aligning the bolt with the hole and try to screw it in at an angle.
The way the fairing slopes inwards can mislead at times.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Is it the hole in the fairing not lining up with the frame, or is it just the bolt not threading into the hole?
Sometimes I catch myself not aligning the bolt with the hole and try to screw it in at an angle.
The way the fairing slopes inwards can mislead at times.
Thats a good question.. I had trouble with the bottom center bolt not lining up so it wouldnt thread yesterday.. I had pu tthe rear bolt on loose first. i ended up taking it out and got the middle one to thread then put the rear back on..

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the hole in the fairing is not meeting up with the bracket...
can someone post a pic of their bracket? maybe it is installed in the wrong spot?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yes it sure did!!! the mount was installed on the middle two bolts as opposed to the front 2 mounts. it's all good to just move it right? taking those two bolts out to move it wont hurt anything will it?

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
I don't think it will bother it with just three bolts loose.
Note that the bolts holding the left and right fairing mounts are 6x35 while the rest of the oil pan bolts are 6x32.
So be sure and move the bolts to the correct location.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
maybe the previous owner just moved the mount and not the specific bolts?

so the bolts that hold the mount are the longer ones correct?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts