RC51 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing the SP1-SP2 swingarm swap and I am needing the lock nut removal tool. Does anyone have one I can borrow? I'll cover the shipping.

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
If you have no luck finding one, you can get by using a drift punch and a careful hand.
I can't find mine either. :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry to drag up an old thread but did you use these homemade tools to torque the nuts back up, just wondering because in the manual it shows a tool with an offset 1/2" drive and to go through the centre of this socket to hold the pivot bolt whilst torqueing the nut. Is there a way round this with your homemade tools?

Cheers

·
Registered
236 Posts
I used it to torque the swingarm nut back up using the proper tool but the person i bought mine off said he usually sells the socket type tool similar to those above, which he makes himself on a lathe and they are a proper piece of kit as ive had a few off him for different bikes in the past

·
Registered
57 Posts
I bought this socket off ebay, (1st pic) it was fine for disassembly but according to the service manual is not right for assembly as you cant hold the pivot bolt/adjusting bolt whilst torqueing the lock nut.:frown2:

I have since found this other one. (2nd pic)
I think I will weld a piece of steel to the one I bought to make it the same.:wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
it was my own fault didn't search ebay well enough and bought it before I had even looked at the service manual.
You couldn't do me a favour could you and measure the distance from centre of the socket to the centre of the 1/2" drive hole so I can get it the same. Would be very much appreciated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts