RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, a little confused on the rear taillights on my 2000 rc. I got a new LED integrated tail, I know how to hook it up, but the rear tail lights no work. Fuses OK, front turn signal lights work, but don't blink.

I had them working previously, but made the wiring too tight, and pulled the LED circuit apart. So the hot wires to the rear turn signals dont work, I have checked them at the quick connects, orange and light blue, they used to work, but not now.

I am thinking the turn signal relay is bad because it was buzzing, but now clicks in your hand after a good thump.

Can I get one of those solid state relays? because my sp1 had a three wire relay, and all that I can find are two wire. Something to do with hazard lights.

THanks.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Firstly LED's have to be wired correctly, if you reverse the live and ground they wont work unlike a conventional bulb.
Secondly the original flasher unit has a bimetal strip, it needs to see the resistance of a conventional 21w bulb to work, so will need to be changed for a solid state one, two wire is fine

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

Thanks for getting back to me, I will get a solid state flasher and go all LED's for safety. I just couldn't figure out why it used to work, and why I cant get a test light to work when hooked up to the rear turn signals. I am pretty sure my flasher is bad, it was buzzing like an alarm clock...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts