RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
3Guyz Customs made me a very nice set of exhaust brackets for my 2002 RC51. (One of our members provided the mock up parts.) They have added this part to their product line. The pics show my Scorpion exhaust. Some of the hardware came from Scorpion. No hardware included except the rubber grommet. It is included.

Available in silver or powder coated black. List price is only $89.99 a set but 3Guyz is offering them to our forum members, for only $70 (+$4 black) plus shipping. Inventory is limited but if they run out, they will build you a set, if you can wait.

Here's the technical details:
  • SP2 exhaust brackets - stock mounting location - eliminates rear passenger pegs
  • Made from 15-5 Stainless Steel
  • Precipitation Hardened
  • H-1075
  • I have not weighed a production set yet. If important, I will weigh mine for you. My mock ups weighed 6.03 oz. :p

Let me know what questions you have.

If you want a set, just let me know.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anybody else want a set?

Anybody else? Let me know before I place them on Ebay and the 3Guyz website at the list price.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all, Just a quick update. I have received 3 orders, so far, for these brackets from this forum. It will be several days before payments are received and parts shipped out. Hopefully, we will get a couple of reviews posted once they are installed. For this forum, the price will remain at $70 a pair (+$4 optional for black powder) for a couple of more weeks. Then you will see these on Fleebay and on the 3GUYZ website for $89.99.
If you think you might want a set but aren't yet ready, let me know and I will have them hold the price for you. This is happening for one member already.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any chance of posting some pics from a distance of the whole bike to see how the look. Definitely considering these over the $240 Sato's.
Sure, in about a week. The set in the pics above are the first finished set and are shown on my track bike. However, once a couple of guys here ordered the black powder coated, I took mine off to have coated with theirs. As soon as I get them back, I'll take the pics you want.
Also, a few other guys in here will start to receive their sets in about a week. Hopefully, a couple of them will post pics of thiers, maybe a little sooner. Either way, we will get one posted in here.
Thing to note: these were fabbed up based on original rear peg sets (graciously providied by realvicioustwin) so the mounting locations are in the exact original positions. You use your hardware but the rubber inserts are included. In the pics above, mine show extra hardware provided by Scorpion to keep the bracket centers over the can.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if your ready to send, i'm ready to pay. lmk. paypal request g60rrado at aol.com
Hi all,
The first couple of forum members with bracket requests also inquired about a stainless hardware kit. The 3GUYZ are putting it together for the forum. I do not know the cost yet. They expect to start shipping these early next week. The brackets are done. Black are due from the powder coater tomorrow. They are waiting on Honda to provide the rubber inserts. Honda said they should have them Friday this week. If any of you are waiting on brackets and do not want to wait on the rubber inserts (or stainless hardware kits), they can ship to you sooner.
If any of you, who already let me know you want a set, also want the stainless hardware, let me know. Obviously you can't make that call until you see a pic and price. I will provide a pic and price once the 3Guyz complete it. Again, they expect everything to be ready to ship early next week.
Thanks for your patience. This is a new product and they need to make sure you get everything you want, at a reasonable cost.
We are almost there. I will post updates and more pics asap.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
if your ready to send, i'm ready to pay. lmk. paypal request g60rrado at aol.com
You should see an invoice around Monday. They are just waiting on Honda for the rubber inserts. (You could use the factory ones if you are in a rush.)

The brackets are built. Silver are done and black comes back from the coater in the next day or so. They are putting together a stainless hardware package as an option. Don't know price yet. The brackets look pretty cool but with a stainless bolt kit, they should be sweet!

I will post pics as soon as I can, which means I finally have my set too!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bump. These new exhaust hangers are shipping this week! Some forum members will hopefully post some of thier pics after install. I will post mine in about 1 week. If you want a set, let me know. They hit EBay at full price next week, but will remain available through this forum cheaper, for now.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bracket update - offering free stainless upgrade for paid members

I too remain waiting on a set and feel bad for eveyone also waiting. I just got off the phone with Andy from 3Guyz. They had a parts delay, I think the rubber inserts from Honda, and stated the sets should be ready in about 10 days. Andy apologized to the forum members and knows we are all anxiously waiting as the season is upon us. Andy feels very bad as customer service is their #1 goal. Thus, Andy has now offered the forum members, who have already paid for a set, a free stainless kit upgrade or a full refund.
If you have already paid for a set, please email Andy at [email protected] and either ask him to add the free stainless hardware upgrade to your order (he knows you are waiting if you already paid) or refund your money. The choice is yours.
If it takes more than another 2 weeks, I will ask Andy to give the forum members who have already paid, our sets for free. Andy runs that kind of business. I know he would rather give them away than have unhappy customers or bad word of mouth. However, I also know its a small growing business, that I asked to do this one off product for us, so I will wait another two weeks before pressuring for free brackets.
My suggestion is: if you need brackets within 14 days, get your money back and buy a different pair. If you can wait another 14 days, these are super nice, priced well and even a better deal with free stainless hardware upgrade he is offering due to the delay.

Thanks for everyones patience. I too am frustrated as my bike has no brackets until I get these, so it is sitting. :eek:
Regards,
Brian

1 - 20 of 39 Posts