RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, got a conundrum. I have a paper copy of the sp-1, however Im installing the engine in my sp-2, and with everything up on the table with a birds eye view things don't look like they are pulling together properly and I would like to see the sp-2 install section. The data on-line that I viewed before and had difficulty downloading seems to be getting (excuse me) cockblocked by GO-DADDY. Domain expired or something.Stupid of me to assume it would always be waiting for me. Anybody have the sp2 section 7& 14 I believe? Thanks just want to know its as right as it can be:rolleyes:.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sp1 has screw in collars on the left like sp2 swinger. Its the same just different. Have my engine un-weighted and just saw a gap where I don't think I should. I restarted and things seemed right but then I started wondering and had a conversation with myself I probable shouldn't have. So I would like to confirm. I want the engine sittin in the chassis like it should. Don't want it to be a thought in the future, or notice some weird sprocket wear my first day out. Even though I read somewhere some racer like Nicky or someone like to ride with one of the eng. mount bolts out to feel the vibes

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
For the SP2:

Engine and swingarm bolt tightening sequence
With engine hanger bolts loosely in place:

1) Tighten Right-Center engine hanger bolt to 47 ft/lbs.
2) Tighten Rear-Upper hanger bolt to 47 ft/lbs.
3) Tighten Right swingarm pivot adjust bolt to 11 ft/lbs.
4) Hold Right Swingarm pivot adjust bolt, and tighten lock nut to 47 ft/lbs (43 ft/lbs with special tool).
5) Tighten Left swingarm pivot adjust bolt to 11 ft/lbs.
6) Hold Left swingarm pivot adjust bolt, and tighten lock nut to 47 ft/lbs (43 ft/lbs with special tool.
7) Install washer and nut, then tighten swingarm pivot nut to 69 ft/lbs.
8) Tighten the Left-Center hanger bolt to 47 ft/lbs.
9) Tighten engine hanger nuts in following sequence and torque:
- Rear-Lower engine hanger nut to 29 ft/lbs
- Front engine hanger nut to 47 ft/lbs.
10) Tighten engine hanger pinch bolts to 20 ft/lbs. in following sequence:
- Center
- Front
- Rear-Upper
- Rear-Lower

1 - 7 of 7 Posts