RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I've been trolling these forums for a month or so now learning up on the RC51's. I recently purchased one with a scraped up left side exhaust can. I've been looking on eBay for a replacement. I found this today..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-RC-51-FACTORY-EXHAUST-MUFFLERS-PIPES-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4cf51bb85eQQitemZ330529749086QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

They're not sure if its an SP1 or SP2. So i came here for your guys expertise. I know the SP1's wont fit SP2 (or so I've read).
thanks in advance for any help you guys can give.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I had the same issue. Scraped up left stock can when I bought SP1. I got a smoking deal on some clean stock cans off a sp2. Neither side would fit on my bike. I had to cut the pipes and reweld them to make it the right shape. I only did the left side. I didnt actually weld it, but i did do the other stuff. My welder told me it was real tough to weld cause he just couldn't get the inside clean enough. If you go fullscreen on the picture, you can see the porousity. I know it looks rough in the picture, but that's about 4 inches away from it.
Oh yea, it's ok to laugh at my footpeg. That's temporary till the harris pegs get here.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts
i believe you can use a full header back SP2 system on an SP1, but not vice versa and the cans are not interchangeable.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
i believe you can use a full header back SP2 system on an SP1, but not vice versa and the cans are not interchangeable.
Yea, that's what I learned. It was just easier for me to cut and weld than try to locate yet another part. Right now I got more time than money so its one more detail taken care of...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts