RC51 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
You will have a hard time finding a full system. Akro and Yosh plus a few japanese companies made one. However the exhaust companies realised very quickly that a full system does nothing for this bike unless you have a built motor. The stock header is actualy really good! So they stopped producing them! A good slipon system and a custom tuned PCIII does wonders!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem is that I don't have the stock headers. I have a full yoshi RS3 for an SP1 which the headers won't fit on the SP2

·
Banned
402 Posts
the yosh or akra will give you near 8-10 hp with a airbox and good map there are dynoes on rogue so built motor is not a need

i have a yosh 2-2 and jardine 2-1 replica i can possibly sell you if you are interested?

jAY HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE IS SAYING!

Hindle, erion, many others stopped making them for cost reasons. the bennies of a track bike with full are huge and anybody serious is using a full exhaust not slip-ons. the slip-on fad for the 51 and a street bike was to get some torque and HP and call it a day but the 51 likes to rev so opening the gas up lends itself to a full. i have been using a full for 8 years and could care less about the 3 hp i lose below 4500 rpms because i like the 8-10 i gain elsewhere.

the 51 lost popularity after 2002 so compaines stopped developing fulls as at that time their cost was too high for the average owner and most of them wanted starbuks systems but check anybody serious and ask some of the makers of the exhausts and they will tell you their fulls made more Hp then their slip-s
here is 11 hphttp://www.rc51.org/dyno/dmfyosh.jpg

·
Registered
127 Posts
I may have a full Hindle race system up for sale shortly... the only thing is that you'll need to replace the right elbow pipe that goes into the right muffler... and a new right-side pipe hanger. It is a high-mount system (very high, like Sato Banzai high.)

If anyone wants, I'll post pics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts