RC51 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sooo excited to find this web site! I have a 2003 SP2 and all I see on the other sites is how heavy and slow the RC is. All they seem to say is how it is completely outdated! I have a complete set of track bodywork and street setup for the bike, I am going to start hitting track days around the southeast at the beginning of the new year.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes, we all hear the same thing.. old, slow, too heavy, turns like a truck, ect.. but when it comes time to enjoy the ride or put down some quick lap times, the RC is still a solid contender. Sure, any new liter i4 will totally smoke an RC in a straight line but for most of us that own RC's, going straight isn't where it's at. Any squid can go fast on a 150+hp bike.. I always laugh when liter bike guys I ride with are excited or proud that they were keeping up with me durring a ride. When you consider the hp disadvantage we have, it should be the other way around. IMO, an average rider on a new liter bike will easily keep up with a advanced rider on an RC. I've owned them all.. GSXR1000, R1's, 10R, CBR1krr, ect.. and even though they were all much faster, I still prefer the RC. I don't know if it's the sound of the engine or just they way it feels, but I have a blast riding it and I don't see a dozen other everywhere I go.

You've got a sweet set-up. Enjoy it and keep the rubber side down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts