RC51 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2003 HONDA RC51
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning Folks. I recently got back into the RC51 game and picked up a 2003 RC51 (should have never sold my original one). I did some searches and there are a lot of old posts but looking to see who or where the go to for a bracket for the underslung rear brake caliper. From what Ive read you can not use a cast caliper as it could rub the OEM wheel so I believe I need to use a 84mm spaced Billet rear caliper and the brake line should be the easy part also. Just seeing who makes a nice CNC braket in possible anodized black that is not some no name ebay chinese stuff :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Interested into if the cast brembo options work.. those things are sweet!
LDH had underslung mount with cast Brembo. Should be some pics on here somewhere. Most advertise for the 84mm bolt spacing and aftermarket wheel fit. Apparently some stock wheels do not clear. I have a Beringer 2D rear caliper with a Ladybird mount from Simon. I’m using BST CF wheels with no issues. Previously I had the super bike unlimited item but the top of the caliper just contacted the wheel hub. They were unable to sesolve that issue so I contacted Simon and ordered the ladybird bracket.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Crankset

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have already Scotts underslung bracket waiting for installation, but can anyone confirm how much is "normal" caliber for example Brembo P34 scratching into wheel hub?

Price is more comfortable than billet caliber:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes, I have OEM wheels. This is the reason that I haven´t still assembled it:) Have to be sure which caliber fits correctly.

·
Registered
352 Posts
You may have to assemble it to find out in the absence of any factual information. You could leave the stock caliper connected to the brake line and removed from the swing arm. Mount the new bracket and caliper and check. My issue was barely noticeable. I could just feel a dragging when the supports for the disc contacted the caliper. It would clear it after I milled a few millimeters off the caliper. I then decided to get the Ladybird mount but your issue may be different.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That is the plan what I´m gonna do. First I have to find someone to let me to try his caliber, so make sure correct fitment.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am also looking for a bracket but for the billet Brembo caliper? Does anyone also know where to source the "64mm" underslung bracket? I reached out to Simon Kobe but he is all out of the 64mm. Anyone have one lying around they would like to part with? Thanks!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I am also looking for a bracket but for the billet Brembo caliper? Does anyone also know where to source the "64mm" underslung bracket? I reached out to Simon Kobe but he is all out of the 64mm. Anyone have one lying around they would like to part with? Thanks!
Scroll up to post #3

·
Registered
29 Posts
Appreciate that and had visited he website but it is confusing with no pictures of the bracket. I need to be certain it will work with the caliper I have...64mm for the mounting and screws appropriate for the caliper in the picture.
Is this pic caliber fitting measurement 64 mm or 84 mm?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts