RC51 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched through the topic. The Spal fans with Weeblys bracket is a clear winner. I have the bracket.

But....to push the air out or pull fresh air in?

Seems the benefit of pushing, or reverse flow from the factory is that it complements the natural airflow. The down side it blows hot air on the rider.

Pulling the air through as in the factory set up of course is exactly opposite: no hot air on the rider with perhaps less overall cooling efficiency.

I live in Texas. It is hot. My bike seems to be most effected in traffic and at stops. Under way, it cools down fine.

I am thinking to install the puller version. This seems to address the biggest problem area - traffic. By pulling in the cooler ambient air, it seems reasonable to think this set up will cool better while sitting at a light on the way home from a ride. And is not going to blow more hot air on me.

Any real word reports from similar hot weather environments?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
The recommendation I typically make is if you are stopped a lot use the puller, if not use the pusher.

Remember, your water is at 220f, air is always going to be a lot cooler than that. So I wonder about the actual benefits of a puller fan generally

1 - 2 of 2 Posts