RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm striking out on finding a source for them. I've checked all the local part houses and even ordered a set of Denso plugs from a retailer that ended up not having the threaded terminal.

I would like to avoid having to take a grinder to a set of plugs or having a set machined due to the risk of cracking the porcelain.

I've been looking for the the IK27PRZ11 or the VK27PRZ11, any one have a good source and know for sure they have the threaded terminal?

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
262 Posts
The IK27 definitely have threaded terminals, and I needed to have them special ordered from my local automotive parts store.

·
Registered
262 Posts
It was either NAPA, AutoZone, out Advanced Auto Parts... Not much of a help, but if I remember correctly one definitely could not get it, it was the second place I went to that could order them?

Having trouble cutting and pasting on my phone, but first result from a Google search and Amazon has them.

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
I remember buying them by the box (4/box) real cheap at O'Reilly for $8 something a piece.
If a auto parts retailer sells NGKs, they should be able to get them in stock for you.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
I ordered a box of 8 Denso IK27 online via eBay.
Paid around $9 each, and then later found a link to a site for $8 each.
And they have the threaded end with removable tip.
Search for the reputable deal. They're out there.

·
Registered
606 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't checked with NAPA, we don't have one in the area. But the rest mentioned, I have and "not available."

As for amazon and ebay I haven't really jumped on that band wagon yet. The one time I've tried returning something off of amazon was a real headache. So I only get stuff from either of those sites that I know I will not need to return or have a problem with. But, I guess that my ways will need to change.

Thanks for all the replies

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
606 Posts
I received the Denso IK27 5312 plugs today and I think we're in business! Everything looks good to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
606 Posts
That's great news buddy, I'll pick up a set and test these coils and have them ready for you.

James

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Sounds good James. I didn't check it but just by looking at them it looks like the gap will need to be adjusted. Pretty simple but ya definitely need to be careful with iridium. BTW, I should have the rest of your money in a couple of days.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hey guys, I was just looking at the Denso website and I seen that it lists the IK27 5312 plugs for the SP-1 and the IK20 5304 for the SP-2. Does anyone know what the difference is between these plugs and if it'll hurt anything to run the IK27's in the SP-2?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts