RC51 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my speedometer has just recently started acting up just before I took it to go get inspected. Running the bike low speed (1st 2nd gear) gentle shifting/ mostly staying under 5K rpm at max and the speedo works (most of the time)... Highway speed 70+mph and it almost always reads 0mph. When I fall back down to 30mph or so it starts reading again. But it's so inconsistent and random I'm thinking it may be a look/bad wire or a poor connection. Anyone else have this issue? I'd love to trouble shoot it and hopefully take care of the issue without spending an arm and a leg and tearing my bike apart again :(

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
36 Posts
There was a similar thread about this a few weeks back and I believe the cuplit was poor circuit board connection inside your actual cluster. The recommendation was to disassemble and cleab with alcohol. I have the same problem but won't be taking mine apart till winter. In the meantime I just have an idea of what rpm equals what speed.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll give it a try and double check the connections too. I had no issues up until a week or two ago. I need to get mine fixed to get it inspected.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts