RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the speedohealer on my bike Friday night. Nice product, easy to install,
perfect correction of my speedo. No more reading 12mph faster than actual speed!!!!

My bike has different chain/sprockets installed and the prior owner never corrected the speedometer. The speedohealer ties into your factory harness, and allows you to correct the display. I took my bike up to 60mph actual, determined by my Garmin GPS, then noted my speedometer, it read 72mph!!!
I followed the correction formula in the speedohealer instructions and entered the corretion factor into the unit of -16.6%. Perfect!!

The speedohealer is $109. and available from California Sportbike.
http://www.calsportbike.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi

The only terrible thing is, it took 14 days from time of order to delivery!

John

·
Registered
153 Posts
John,

How does that thing plug in and work? Do you have a PC3 on your bike? Does it interfere with it? I'm thinking about changing to 15/41 and would need one of these. Thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The speedohealer plugs inline with the Vehicle speed sensor connector which is located on the RH side of the tail section of the bike. Find out your MPH difference from actual (I used a Garmin GPS) program the little module using their formula, velcro attach module in tail section, DONE!

If you change sprockets again, same procedure.

John

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 15 front sprocket, and a 42 rear sprocket, -1 front, +2 rear! My speedo was off indicating a speed 16.6% higher than actual.

John

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Clark,
I don't find the bike jumpy at all, I really don't care if I lose top end on the machine either, I like the grunty torque when I'm chompin up corners. The bike doesn't feel over-geared, it accelerates smooth, and cruises about 60-65 at 4000 rpm in 6th gear, which to me guarantees smooth acceleration for passing without downshifting on two lane roads with 55mph speed limits. So in a nutshell, yes I like it alot!

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts