RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this is basically a repost. I changed the spark plugs this morning and it was starting up much easier and running better, but the more I rode it, I began to have problems. It began to stall when I put it into neutral and and gurgle a bit more at low revs. I checked the rear plug and though it had come loose, and I thought I had solved the problem. It started and idled great again.

But I just went out for about ten minutes and it stalled a couple more times and it is very jumpy at steady revs. It's fine if i accelerate, but if I try to stay at one speed it gives and takes about 800 revs and pulls forward and backward abruptly the whole time. Can this be related to my plug change or is it something else?

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have a PC. But this just started after my plug change....I figured it would have been related to something I could have touched. No?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been reading about the fuel pressure regulator....is this the one by the subrframe under the rear fairing?

I'm really hoping this is just something stupid...like a hose I pinched or something, but I just can't seem to find it....

·
Registered
11 Posts
sounds like the same thing that was wrong with mine when i first got it. I changed the plugs and the fuel pressure regulator. Mine had been sitting for awhile and it fixed the problem. Make sure you run the highest octane fuel you can get at your fuel station, if i run the low octane stuff it will stall and hesitate and just not run good lol. I havent had any problems with her lately :) btw im pretty sure the fuel regulator cost around 50 bucks at the honda dealer and its really easy to change.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
I've been reading about the fuel pressure regulator....is this the one by the subrframe under the rear fairing?

I'm really hoping this is just something stupid...like a hose I pinched or something, but I just can't seem to find it....
The fuel pressure regulator is mounted on the rear throttle body.
It has two hoses attached to it.
Have something handy to plug the hose to the tank as fuel will run out when disconnected.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts