RC51 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I'm having a problem with my 04 after I put my undertail on. Maybe 2 out of 5 times when I go to start the bike I get nothing . Like no lights no fi prime nothing at all I have checked all the fuses and relays and everthing is fine. Any ideas or sugestios would help I'm sure it something simple just looking for ideas

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey all I'm having a problem with my 04 after I put my undertail on. Maybe 2 out of 5 times when I go to start the bike I get nothing . Like no lights no fi prime nothing at all I have checked all the fuses and relays and everthing is fine. Any ideas or sugestios would help I'm sure it something simple just looking for ideas
If you're getting it started sometimes then not other times then it isn't fuses, and probably not relays. My advice would be to backtrack everything you did when fitting the undertray. Did you need to undo any connectors? If so, then check that they're all reconnected properly. Could you have disturbed any wiring/relays? If so make sure that anything close to/around where you have been working is seated properly and secure.
Finally, I suppose it COULD be a coincidence, and your starter button os faulty. WD40 or AC90 should sort. You could check it out with a multimeter.
My money is on a disturbed/unseated connector around where you have been working.
Good luck, and let us know what it was when you find the problem.

Edit: Try disconnecting the lights that came with the undertray (assume they are LED's?) and reconnect the old lamp. It may make a difference

·
Registered
84 Posts
i think its jsut coincidence it happened after the install... check your battery or starter switch.... good luck witht he prob and keep us posted!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
damn...

First HI every one!

I got the same problem 2 weeks ago...

I rode the bike all summer and this winter i tried to start the Rc51...

i started the bike and 10 second after the bike stoped... no lights no horn.. nothing...

I took a look of all fuse and relay... but alls good...

So do you know how remove the starter switch??? guess is the last solution?

·
Registered
21 Posts
First HI every one!

I got the same problem 2 weeks ago...

I rode the bike all summer and this winter i tried to start the Rc51...

i started the bike and 10 second after the bike stoped... no lights no horn.. nothing...

I took a look of all fuse and relay... but alls good...

So do you know how remove the starter switch??? guess is the last solution?
In this case, I would change the battery, if it had been sat for a couple of months without a battery optimiser on it. It takes an awful lot of juice to move those big old pistons about, and by the time you've managed to start it, fuel pumps etc still need to run.

·
Registered
2 Posts
YEAH!!!

With the voltmeter the batteri was at 12 volts... But i didnt chec the ampere...

So i took a Booster pack... AND START THE ENGINE :D

So i learned that a batteri can show a good voltage but be dead! :p

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it looks like when I did my undertail in ziptieng some of the wires down I must have pinched on and it was causing this problem. Thanks for the help guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts