RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Scotts is pretty cool because they offer a low speed setting and a high speed setting. Plus, you can swap it between multiple bikes quickly and easily.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Scotts is pretty cool because they offer a low speed setting and a high speed setting. Plus, you can swap it between multiple bikes quickly and easily.
It's what Ohlins sold for a rotary damper in addition to the their linear damper.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you have an 04, don't get a gpr! I hav had only problems with getting on the bike. They send you the wrong nut to start with, "In the package" but it is for a 04 RC51. So I called orderd the new one that was for the 2004 RC51, and 13 bucks later. The wrong nut.
Called GPR back to talk to them and find out why.
Well turns out they never made a nut for the 04 rc51. But with the stock nut it only goes on about 2.5 mm about 3 threads, not good.

So now I am waiting another week for them to send me a 41mm socket "thin walled" because a normal 41mm socket will not fit.

Other then that it looks really goo on the bike, just no worky until I can get the socket.
And I am not to sure that they really sent it out yet.

Oh and forgot to say that, The first time I called about the nut, A guy told me he would send it to me for free. but really what he meant to say is that if you pay for it I will send you one, but I am too lazy to tell you this right now, and I will just fake it all with taking your address... and not send it to you.

So after remerering this, It will problay be a week from now and I will have to call them and reoder it and payfor the shipping, so that it gets here....

So that is my story with GPR,
couldn't even tell you if it works good.......

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
I installed a scotts this last off season, I really like it. Went on really ez, almost to ez, I had to reread the install steps to make sure I did I did it right. Ez no look adjustments on the fly. Imo the gold housing looks good with our fork bodies, rotors, ect.
Sorry I can't compare how well it works with others on the market, this my first bike with a stabillizer. But I'm happy with it, have had no issues with the shakes. Smoth, ez steering in puts at any speed. Having the low speed setting is a big plus for me, I ride to work and every where else I can, a lot of in town stuff, with the occasional spirited ride.
Well that's my 2min review of mine, hope its helpful
James

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
have a GPR on my SP1. Its been great and had no issues with install.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well got it all sorted out. GPR sent me the 41mm socket, wrenched it down to 101Lbs and was off for an hour ride, works great!!! no problem anymore. It was just a matter of talking to the right guy at GPR, Just needed to use stock nut and get the right socket.
cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts