RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at some adjustable clip-ons with a 2-8 degree adjustment. Any idea what the stockers are in degrees for comparison's sake?

Thanks

·
Registered
502 Posts
Are you looking for better hand position?
I have no idea on the angle that they are. But, I was looking at my RC and my CBR and they are the same width, height, and angle. I am slightly more comfortable on the CBR over the RC. I think it has to do with the grips being bigger around than the the RC. I have Harris grips on the CBR and Spider grips on the RC. And the are definitely bigger around on the CBR.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm interested in more comfort and better weight distribution across the palm and less on the wrist. Not a problem in the twisties so much as when cruising on the long straights over time.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Usually the bar angle is around 7 degrees for most.
Mine adjust from 0 to 12 degrees, and I think (without checking) I set them at 7.
Actually I just kept tweaking until they felt comfortable.
I'll have to check my index marks to see and report back later.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Usually the bar angle is around 7 degrees for most.
Mine adjust from 0 to 12 degrees, and I think (without checking) I set them at 7.
Actually I just kept tweaking until they felt comfortable.
I'll have to check my index marks to see and report back later.
Gilles Tooling by chance? I am trying to decide between the Gilles VarioBar ($300+ and 16 degrees adjustment in 4 degree increments) and the Kyle Racing ($215 and 2 to 8 degrees infinite adjustment). I don't want risers or anything, just adjustment for bit less downward angle on the clip ons for more comfort.

Just to check, what size are the stock bar end threads?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Gilles Tooling by chance? I am trying to decide between the Gilles VarioBar ($300+ and 16 degrees adjustment in 4 degree increments) and the Kyle Racing ($215 and 2 to 8 degrees infinite adjustment). I don't want risers or anything, just adjustment for bit less downward angle on the clip ons for more comfort.

Just to check, what size are the stock bar end threads?

Thanks!
No, I'm using Durrani magnesium adjustables.
I believe the stock bar ends use 6mm (1mm pitch) screws.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts