RC51 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is just mine¿

I cant throw up the RC in any gear but first (slipping the clutch works nice)

But, im looking into gearing it, but before i do, does anyone have stocks on still and are able to wheelie in any gear but first? I have tried to load the susp.. (keep in mind im a buck fifty) so not that much weight for this baby to handle..

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've not ever tried to wheelie my RC for the simple fact that I'm a wheelie n00b, I would probably freak out because the torque of the bike brought the front up quicker than what I would expect, and I'd death grip the throttle and use said-torque to loop the entire thing. No thanks.

Though, if that's what you're after then, yes, you'll have to re-gear.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you like to wheelie go with the 15/42 sprocket combo and she will come up in 2nd with minimal fanning. I have the 15/41 combo and I can get her up in 2nd with light fanning and empty tank. Dont keep it up long or youll blow the motor. I wheelie from time to time but only one gear cause of oil starvation and the feeling of being a squid, haha. It is fun though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[/QUOTE][Dont keep it up long or youll blow the motor. I wheelie from time to time but only one gear cause of oil starvation and the feeling of being a squid, haha. It is fun though.[/QUOTE]

Well, i really cant keep it up that long right now, a block or two at best.. and I honestly realize that im riding the WRONG BIKE for all the stupid stuff like that.. I need to buy another litre to throw around and fall over on.. I really want to keep this RC for a while.. Im in love with it and the looks it brings.. But if you fill the crank case to the top, there should be minimal starvation. I can throw it up to (about 11:30) and kill first gear. but i would like to have that *SNAP* in second and maybe even third..

Thanks for the replies.. Looks like im going gear shopping

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would like to wheelie 2nd gear also...
I have 15/42 on it now, and it just will not go up...
Sp2, 7838k, pc3, twin yoshi rs3's, help help ?!?!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just starting to see how 15/43 feels like on street, but I would love to see how it does at a track :D.... on that I will have to wait a while :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wheelies in 2nd gear

Hello
2002 sp2 7k on the clock
pc3, twin yoshi rs3

i think my gearing is stock 16 and 42 on back...

I was thinking of going to a 46 on back...
I want to get my bike up in 2nd gear...

Help ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hello
2002 sp2 7k on the clock
pc3, twin yoshi rs3

Help ?
Your stock is 16/40..... go 15/42,43

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hello
2002 sp2 7k on the clock
pc3, twin yoshi rs3

Help ?
Your stock is 16/40..... go 15/42,43

My set up feels pretty jumpy with 15/43, but I am not into wheeling but more of making her scream :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
About that...

No what i was saying was that i have a 16/42 on there right now... In second it doesnt pop at all, not even with a clutch slip, it just chugs along if i snap it or anything...
So im thinking i have to high of gear on the front ?
Maybe i can go to a 43 on the back ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
For erick1670-I recently went to the track on my 2004 in July at Grattan Raceway in Michigan, and found myself redlining alot before a couple corners. I ran a 15/42 but wished I'd brought my stock rear(40) and front(16) to maybe give me a little more speed. Best of the day was 136.45(1minute36seconds) with a decent straightaway that I only got up to 132mph. But no custom map with my Yoshi's-which maybe is why I was hurting on the straight. But I too have only got it up in first-from the lights, but I cant lay my baby boy down either. Which is why I plan on getting a liter for racing and the asshole street stuff.lol I kinda wanna be that guy!

·
Registered
70 Posts
No what i was saying was that i have a 16/42 on there right now... In second it doesnt pop at all, not even with a clutch slip, it just chugs along if i snap it or anything...
So im thinking i have to high of gear on the front ?
Maybe i can go to a 43 on the back ?
the 15 on front gives you a quicker accelaration, so that means more of a pop, on the rear you could stay with the 42

·
Registered
70 Posts
For erick1670-I recently went to the track on my 2004 in July at Grattan Raceway in Michigan, and found myself redlining alot before a couple corners. I ran a 15/42 but wished I'd brought my stock rear(40) and front(16) to maybe give me a little more speed. Best of the day was 136.45(1minute36seconds) with a decent straightaway that I only got up to 132mph. But no custom map with my Yoshi's-which maybe is why I was hurting on the straight. But I too have only got it up in first-from the lights, but I cant lay my baby boy down either. Which is why I plan on getting a liter for racing and the asshole street stuff.lol I kinda wanna be that guy!
my local racetrack is NJMP Thunderbolt and I did like the 15/42 on 3/4 of the track but as soon I was hitting the straight and going through the gears, I allmost have to wait for the power to kiked in and I did hit 156mph just before my last breaking point on the straight :eek:, or I just have to be more agressive approching the straight... here is a clip of my 3th session

http://youtu.be/Kq3QPYCYtU4?hd=1

1 - 18 of 18 Posts