RC51 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
baffle removal

hi, i cut the end caps off @the welds and gutted the pipes and tig weld the caps back on and aslo cut a few inches off so they dont look like wheelis bars anymore.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Basically what you se sticking out is the main part of the exhaust and as "mrwonderfull" says you have to cut the end cap of at the weld.
The photos shows what i did to mine and what happens if you cut all the way through.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
pipes

thats just what mine looked like you can pull the whole insides out , it will come out in one piece. than either shortin the can like i did or weld it back together.

·
Registered
11 Posts
stock pipes

i only removed the end cap. i cut the weld with a grinder and cutt off wheel and pulled out everything in one piece . the bike is pretty loud now but the cops here dont bother us too much .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thank you, starting this project next week. Only looking to cut 2" and remove inards. Selling my arrow exhaust. Used both with Kyles stock bike map and did not feel a seat of the pant difference. Even tried the sato map from Kyle. Like the look of the stockers other than I thought they were just a bit to long.

·
Registered
11 Posts
arrow pipes

Hey Guys,

I just bought my bike a couple of weeks ago and it has Arrow high mounts on it. But i've never seen one with the cans that short. Do you guys think they've been cut down to that size or do they come like that? Picture attached. BTW, they sound fantastic... very deep thumping sound. Absolutely love it.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
They have been cut down mate. I have the original long Arrows and Ive never seen a short version of them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I do not believe a map exists that would work perfectly with this mod. I will have my bike dyno'd. Cost about $200, which is a lot cheaper than the $800 I was going to spend on a new exhaust.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Will do, I'm not expecting much of a performance increase, just want her tuned right. Sound really good and they most defiantly no longer look like wheelie bars. I cut 2 1/2 inches off by the way.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts