RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please be on the look out for a new set of frame sliders for sale. I purchased a set on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thorsten-Durbahn-RC51-sliders-crash-protectors-/111302047714?viewitem=&vxp=mtr&item=111302047714&nma=true&si=qejD7rP7jrhQoQW%2FhZ%2B6Mos00uQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

box was delivered by USPS WHILE I WAS HOME with no door bell ring or anything 5 boxes in all. 4 boxes didnt show up when I went to the front porch and my neighbor found them empty in his side yard. So there is a near new set of frame sliders somewhere in the So Cal area if you find them please contact the Chula Vista Police department and give them this case number 14-0 4100

THanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
I' de be looking to claim from the sender mate.
If he hasn't posted the gear signed for. That's should be his problem. Because he hasn't made sure you've received the goods. Which you haven't.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have filed a claim with ebay/paypal wrt item not received however USPS claim its delivered so who will they believe??? Ive filed claims all around so every aspect is covered... im more bummed about losing the durbhan frame sliders as ive been looking for a pair for a while and they arent easy to come by...

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Probably some local kids trying to make a (dishonest) buck. Keep an eye on Ebay...

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Ditto on what Stig said. Sorry you got ripped off, but USPS should have required a sig for that much stuff no?

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
It's not up to usps to require a signature, unless the shipper selects that shipping option. It's all on the the seller.

Hope you get it resolved.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont agree that its all on the seller... I mean yes I did not receive my item, but from a sellers stand point... the item was delivered... thats what the post office claims so I dont know who really should side with. Trying to look at this objectively. Either way claims are in with just about anyone, I have more deliveries today and I will be standing by with a 12 ga 3O buck shot waiting for those little bastards to return.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
What I'm saying is that the seller selects the shipping option, not usps.

If a buyer does not provide specific shipping instructions, such as signature, then he assumes some risk. And your situation is an example.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Most sellers do not provide that as an option at check out and I can tell you I have sent notes to sellers at check out and they don't receive them for example size color or so. So requesting additional services not offered the seller doesn't have to honor as he doesn't list it as provided. Either way I'll get my money back I'd just rather have the sliders and wring some lil punks neck!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I often communicate with ebay sellers and have never had problems the system, though it is not optimal by any means. And very often I have various requests, that are almost always accommodated. A few sellers have refused to ship to Canada, but that's about it. I guess my experience is different from yours.

If a seller does not honour a request for signature with shipping, then the seller is assuming risk in lieu of the buyer. Making requests and having those records in any potential claim will never hurt one's case.

It sucks that you may not want drop delivery any longer, as it is so convenient.

Maybe set up a sting. ;)

·
Administrator
1,242 Posts
I just got through dealing with the same issue with the USPS. The package had a tracking number, was shown as "delivered"...just not to me. I called the number on their website and the fun began. After I'm not saying it was easy, but I got a check in the mail a week ago settling the claim. Start a claim, I will tell you right now that it will be denied at first because it's shown as delivered, go back online and appeal the decision....worth a shot.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I took the day off work knowing more packages were to be delivered today... I staked out my own place with my good friend loiusville and my male pit dozer from across the street in the bushes for 2 hours, caught 4 15/16 y/olds red handed trying to steal more boxes, recovered the items from yesterday along with other neighbors stuff so win win!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Excellent! - In hindsight that was the best thing to do to catch a thief. Put more temptation in plain view! I hope you made them regret their ways. :D

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
So I took the day off work knowing more packages were to be delivered today... I staked out my own place with my good friend loiusville and my male pit dozer from across the street in the bushes for 2 hours, caught 4 15/16 y/olds red handed trying to steal more boxes, recovered the items from yesterday along with other neighbors stuff so win win!!!!!
Well done. I would have arranged a visit with "The Man" not to jail them but to make them piss themselves....that is retribution enough.:cool:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts