RC51 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I was wondering if anyone had seen these brackets before I bought them from a guy in Italy so please respond with same info .

ps last week I had to make an emergency stop and the didn't break so they are wel made

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so reken you don't now wat the are
I have for mounted for a while now, feels very solid and the are made off aluminum
I think you should remove them immediately,and be very grateful they haven't failed yet
totally unsafe design and probably material

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
I agree with Simon. I wouldn't trust them to stop my chubby gal that weights 200kg going at 250km/h.....they will probably bent if not snap on you. Especially if you upgrade your m/c with a radial one.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
If you take a look at most aftermarket pieces, they are solid billet, not a skeletal remains like you have....

Any one of you want to post up you aftermarket goodies to show the lad what I mean?

Take care.:wink2:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Why would a radial m/c make any difference?
Depends on the master to caliper ratio, higher hydraulic pressure on caliper pistons could in theory flex the bracket.

I would want to know what type of aluminum the brackets are and see some engineering specs on rigidity and strength before using them.

·
Registered
729 Posts
You can lock the brakes with the stock master, you cannot improve on a locked wheel, all a radial mc does is improve feel
Improved grip and a fat passenger will increase the load, I am sure they are designed for maximum load plus a fair safety margin

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oke thanks guys for your input I will take them of let me tel you about the hard breaking I had to do I was ridding on a country road and redlined it in first, second and third so you now I was doing about 200 kph I had to break for a corner that was for 30 kph in a short amount of distance the rear was airborne and went from left to right and front jumped forwards and while breaking I was building up the pressure I thought my hart was in my troth after that

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
yea definitely replace those with OEM mounts.....thats one of the most unsafe designs ive ever seen, im sure the weight doesnt really matter there either..its your brakes :)

welcome aboard, make sure to show us more pics of your bike

cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts