RC51 Forums banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Why is it that we always want what's not (generally) available?

We envy the USA/Can bikes, and you guys get jealous of some of our liveries! That red/black/silver really is a strong 'masculine' look whereas my white/silver might be more geared towards those frequenting the Blue Oyster Club.

Mmm, got some serious lifestyle decisions to make!! :eek::)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Hey Nigel, I love the white and silver more than the Red and silver...not sure what that means for me but..hey.

I also like the later black and gray livery, thats really nice but I dont see too many of them .

Reactions: nigelrb

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Next garage project is me painting a mural on the double doors to my "man Cave/show room".

the blank canvas, stay tuned for the painting...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #105 (Edited)
If the weather holds up ill test ride the SP1 tomorrow for the first time.

My stainless bolts that join the calliper halves together arrived yesterday from the UK (10 weeks in transit due to COVID19 I guess), so Ill have to get to that shortly too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great resto job Straycat, that looks fantastic.

Nigel, don't start booking your trip to Sydney for the mardi gras next year just yet, there's nothing wrong with white SP-2's, remember Colin Edwards raced and won on a white one.

Jason.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
well I notice my fork seals are still leaking. Im not surprised really, I had a hell of a time getting the seals to seat, Ive done a lot of fork seals over the years and I have never had the problems I had getting these in.

Ordered a new set and a different seal driver, another job for a rainy day I guess

·
Registered
172 Posts
. . . Nigel, don't start booking your trip to Sydney for the mardi gras next year just yet, there's nothing wrong with white SP-2's, remember Colin Edwards raced and won on a white one.

Yep, fair point. I'm more than happy with mine, and I see you have the same.

I was merely trying to boost @Straycat 's ego:cool::D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Took her for her first test ride a few days ago. Went well aside from the leaking fork seals that I now need to replace -- dont use Pyramid fork seals, OEM only.

I will say that the RC51's I have are not bike's I will be riding. I find the comfort only marginally better than my Ducati 748, and as such they'll be garage art for a while before I sell them on.

I must be getting Old(er)

·
Registered
172 Posts
. . . I will say that the RC51's I have are not bike's I will be riding. I find the comfort only marginally better than my Ducati 748, and as such they'll be garage art for a while before I sell them on. . .
Nooo. Don't give in!!

I do agree with you though. Perhaps why I keep raving over the Storm/Hawk; it's ergonomically perfect for me:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Firestorm looks great Nigel!

Sad thing is, I have soooo many bikes I dont ride, a few have to go to fund stuff that I will ride.

Going bye bye will be RC51 SP1, RC51 SP2, Ducati 748, Hawk GT 647 (tentatively sold pending pickup post COVID19)

Goal is to buy a newer Africa Twin, ive been jonesing for one since 2017. I had one ordered and there were production issues in Japan and I never got it.

Until then Ill ride the VFR800, the M109R, the ZRX1100 and the Z1000

·
Registered
172 Posts
Firestorm looks great Nigel!

Sad thing is, I have soooo many bikes I dont ride, a few have to go to fund stuff that I will ride.

Going bye bye will be RC51 SP1, RC51 SP2, Ducati 748, Hawk GT 647 (tentatively sold pending pickup post COVID19)

Goal is to buy a newer Africa Twin, ive been jonesing for one since 2017. I had one ordered and there were production issues in Japan and I never got it.

Until then Ill ride the VFR800, the M109R, the ZRX1100 and the Z1000
Bleedin' heck, Mr Cat.

You are so DISADVANTAGED by my not living in Canada/USA cos I would be at your front door with a U-Haul and six-months saved up pension :) .

I understand the situation completely. I have mine on a rotation roster, but still, a couple don't get taken out more than twice a year. I think we share the pride of ownership gene, but still like to ride them as much as possible. I can get in more riding as we do not experience the severity of your winters.

YOur RCs and Ducati should easily sell to an enthusiast who expects pristine condition. Our higher prices for these machines cut the riff-raff from the equation, so hopefully you don't have too many tyre kickers trying to beat you down. You might also share the emotional attachment that I have, and that can make the 'deciding to sell' process so much harder.:confused:

Oh, and I don't think you'll find a cheap Africa Twin. They seem to hold value extraordinarily well. (Handy when you come to sell though!)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
I tried the market on the Duc earlier in the spring but got no serious buyers. Ill try it again in July and see how it goes.

truth is im no rush to part with any of them .

only My NS400R has any emotional attachment, the rest I have none

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
My show-room/man-cave door mural - stage 1 is done, sketched out in pencil

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Yep, it sure would. Thats the kinda thing that if you're local, you go in and speak to the owner and ask to be first on the list when he takes it down some day.

I did that at my Chevrolet dealer, got a nice Z28 poster for my man cave that way.

Reactions: Joe XR
101 - 118 of 118 Posts