RC51 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Just met this guy on Facebook that does seats for all types of bikes.

He showed a picture of an rc51 seat he did.

He custom makes the seats with gel inserts and can make pretty much any color and design you want. Prices are great and service seems amazing.

I was a bit reluctant to pay for a seat knowing that he would have to make it and ship it. And that I met him on FB.

The prices are starting at 165 usd for front seat and 245 usd for both seats. Including shipping in the US. In Canada he charged me an extra 20.

Now you can ship your seat to him or you can pay a core fee. And get the new seat first. Then ship your old seat after so there is no down time. I believe he charges an extra 20 for that.

I ordered an seat. All black with silver stitching. So I will give a complete review when I recieve it.

Probably going to be 3-4 weeks.

I'm not advertising this guy at all just letting fellow rc members about a possible option for comfort without spending 400+ on a seat.

Here are some pics of an rc51 seat he did.

Stiff

Let me. Know what you all think or if anyone has any experience with the place.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Looks like a decent job. There's a company in the UK who does some great re-trimming work that would be cheaper for people based there when they want similar designs too.

I've used them for my VFR750's seat retrim with gel foam. I think I paid 85.00 GBP incl. shipping for a large seat...

www.tonyarcher.co.uk

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I like the seat! That looks like some good quality stitching. But I would never have gel inserts. I don't like that squishy feel or the way gel seems to roll around on itself.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
No worries. I think it's because it's the only RC seat he's done. I bought one off eBay and had it shipped straight to him so I wouldn't have any downtime. It's been over a month since he got it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Y

·
0 Posts
Got my seat today. Looks great, feels good, but haven't had a chance to ride it yet. For those of your wondering, it's not overly squishy. In fact it probably feels about as squishy as the stock seat on my Kawi. Overall I'm really happy with the way it turned out. My stock seat had been baked in the sun all it's life and the vinyl was very stiff so I was all over the place on that seat. I think this should solve the problem.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got my seat today. Looks great, feels good, but haven't had a chance to ride it yet. For those of your wondering, it's not overly squishy. In fact it probably feels about as squishy as the stock seat on my Kawi. Overall I'm really happy with the way it turned out. My stock seat had been baked in the sun all it's life and the vinyl was very stiff so I was all over the place on that seat. I think this should solve the problem.

How's the seat so far? Any ride time?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts